“Very friendly”

Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Alsip
Reviewed July 10, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night after leaving the Days Inn down the street. The front desk was very polite and helpful and the rooms were very clean. It's in a great location, very close to the interstate and near a lot of restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed June 1, 2008

I booked this room based off of the reviews below and it was exactly as described. I had no major issues while I was there, the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The wireless internet was fast and free (though I think you used to have to pay, not anymore.) There aren't a ton of restaurants close and none that I remember within walking distance, but it's still a good locale due to it's proximity to the city without having to deal with city hotel rates or traffic. The breakfast was better than usual with cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, juices, waffles, bread/pastry items - you know, all the stuff at a "deluxe" continental breakfast and there was someone on staff at all times to make sure nothing ran out. I've contemplated staying at other Baymont properties but they tend to get bad reviews so I was skeptical to book this. However, I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to pay the steeper rate at the Doubletree.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Fitness center is just one stair stepper and 2 reclining bike machines.
The internet access was down and they blamed the weather all weekend.
The weather was no big deal. A little rain.
I called the customer care center after being told there would be no discount for lack of internet access. Customer care told me no discount because it was free with the room. Well, the toilet is free with the room and if that didn't work, I would be expecting a discount as well!
I'll be calling the general manager tomorrrow morning.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 19, 2006

I booked my room through [--], a first for me. I was leary of what I would find when I arrived at the Baymont Hotel, as I had never stayed at this chain before. It was a nice surprise. The staff was pleasant, the no smoking room was clean and neat. The king size bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and will also try to find another Baymont the next time I travel. The only recommendation I have would be to put a treadmill in the fitness room. They also have a continental breakfast, and the coffee was as good as the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank odie2101
Reviewed March 6, 2006

I was not expecting much for the price I paid but I was suprised.The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and mondern.Would gladly stay there agian.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank joandneal
Reviewed September 14, 2005

I've stayed in the Baymont twice while taking my son to college down the road. Both times the room has been clean and adequate. Breakfast has been friendly and great! Since the college offers a discount here, I will definately be staying for the next four years. I just wish they had a pool!

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank soontobeforty
Reviewed June 20, 2005

I booked 2 adjoining rooms at this hotel, we had a wake and funeral to attend. I had 10 people staying in this hotel and 9 out of the 10 had gotten sick. We believe that their vent system had some virus in it. We all had gotten sick with flu-like problems. The only thing we had in common was stayin in these 2 rooms. The hotel will not even care care of me with any knid of refund.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank shell823lost
Management response:Responded July 13, 2005

I am responding to the review "Don't stay at this hotel!!!". I did speak to this guest and very much care about the comfort and health of every guest that walks in the door. This claim is unsubstantiated and should have not have been made to the public.
During the Month of June we had over an 87% occupancy and to date above that. There has been no other claims to this effect. I work very hard to make sure our guests get the best value for thier money.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn
Best Western Chicago Southland
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip? Share your experiences!