“HORRIBLE!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alsip
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We did not at ALL enjoy our hotel stay. When I woke up the morning after our stay, I had a trail of bites along my shoulder and collar. When I told the front desk person, she didn''''t take my concerns seriously and I was told someone would call me the next day- needless to say no one called me and I had to call them. The manager denied any bed bugs of any sort. There was also what LOOKED like blood on the heater/ac- very horrible stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AlsipBaymontinnalsip, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Ms. House

I would like to thank you for reviewing our property and giving us your feed back. I apologize the experience you received was less than satisfactory.

Please note that we always take our guests concerns seriously. I am so sorry that you felt the staff member nor I did not care about your concerns. The Staff member did notify the housekeepers of your concerns, the room was inspected the same day with no traces of any bed bugs the staff member did leave me a note on Sunday re-guarding your concerns but, unfortunately with you calling me about ½ hr after I got into the office I did not have a chance to call you first.
During our conversation I explain that I was going to check your room again. I tore apart your room with the head of housekeeping and maintenance as we have all been trained on what to look for and where to look. Good news, we did not find any nor any traces of Bed Bugs. The bad news is do not know what caused your irritation on your skin. I know that guests are concerned with the problems with Bed Bugs now a days but, I can assure you we take it very serious. We have a preventive maintenance program set up where someone comes in every month to spray and check all the rooms and we also have a preventive maintenance program set up with Orkin every month. As part of the housekeeper's cleaning routine they do a basic check of the mattresses while they change the sheets on a daily basis. In regards to the stains on the air conditioner,while we where having our furniture refinished the workers accidentally splattered some stains on the air conditioner which, just happens to be a reddish color and I could see how that could have been mistaken for blood. We are doing our best to remove the stains so this concern doesn't happen again. Please except my sincere apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
WAUWATOSA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My show dog and I stayed here while attending the International Kennel Club dog show at McCormick Place . We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival. All of the staff we encountered over 4 days were very friendly and both knew their jobs and enjoyed working there. It was very quiet, even though I knew there were people in the rooms around us, we never heard anything. We did nothave the opportunity to have breakfast any of the days, due to departing early in the mornings. Area was nice, stores and restaurants nearby. Hotel was clean, housekeeping dida nice job daily. I was expecting a bit more than a small mmicrowave and a dorm size refrigerator when the word "kitchenette" was used in the description.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Maumee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Staff were all very nice and friendly, room was clean and nice and parking lot was well lit and safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Manal A
Calumet Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I always enjoy our visit to this particular inn and we live right down the street. Our last stay made us vow to come back every month just to enjoy our we time away from home the staff there is nice and freindly and very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The room was okay. Clean and comfortable. I could easily hear people talking (not hyelling) in the next room. I had to be moved to a room closer to the water heater because there was only luke warm water in my room. It was extremely cold and I had a room at the far end of the building. Once moved two rooms closer to the center I did have good hot water, most of the time.
As always the staff was courteous and helpful, they are excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Sergio C
ROSCOE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of my sisters birthday weekend. If i wasnt with a group i probably wouldve left after what we found in our room after we checked in. My husband sat down and moved the ottoman. When he looked down he saw something under the edge. So he reached down and picked it up only to find that it was a used condom! We were both disgusted!

I went down and talked to someone at the front desk who was very apologetic and sent someone up to our room to get our garbage so it would be out of our room. She also gave us a 20% discount. Which i did appreciate but really didnt cover finding something so disgusting.

The staff was very friendly and did try to make it better but we will definitely not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these Alsip hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn
BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip? Share your experiences!