“Gross.”
Review of Motel 6 Alsip

Motel 6 Alsip
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alsip
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the venue of a wedding we were attending. Gross. The front desk staff was unprofessional in attire (low cut shirt with her chest nearly hanging out) and very dry with their service. I had to say hello first, and there was no engagement other than asking for my drivers license and telling me my room number. The rooms are gross...we didn't even want to take a shower there...there was hair all inside the bathtub and around the floor corners. The carpets were stained and the phone had goop on it...and never mind the fact that the room was so run down in general. Definitely do not recommend this place - there is a doubletree right next door that looked so much nicer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We picked this hotel due to its convenience to the airport bus service. It is next to a double tree, which I am sure was more expensive, but probably better quality. The hotel is fairly run down and in need of updates. But the worse part was the lack of weather stripping around the door that let in street noise and anything else. Several guests decided to stand outside our door drink and chat. I asked that they move or be quieter, so they moved two doors down and their conversation still came throuh loudly. I thought the air conditioner would drown out the sound, but that made things worse as it shook the entire room everytime it kicked in.
The Days Inn Alsip people asked why I did not tell them of the trouble. Guess what, that's not my job. Day's in duty is to ensure that their accomdations are reasonable and to monitor the maintenance of the facility to provide good quality service. I should not be their quality control. They need to do a better job of both service and maintaining their facility. I will not stay at another Wynden hotel. This my third stay at Wynden in the past 1.5 years and all have been awful. You'd think I would know better after the first time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The 1st room we were in everything was broken and burn marks everywhere. Changed rooms and the maids didn't leave clean towels everyday. Had to go to front desk. Vending machines broken. Very noisy and rude people staying there. Stains on sheets and towels. Then someone was smoking weed. Went to front desk....phone didn't work....and lady told me there was nothing she could do. I called cops myself. Horrible experience. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

And what you get is no breakfast. if you go in the last hour of breakfast. I will begin with the positives:
1. Air conditioner. The ac not only worked, and was set to a lovely 68 degrees.
2.location. This motel was located close to the freeway but not quite close enough for it to be a truck stop. Although it felt about as shady.
3. Parking. Parking was easy, close to the room, and wonderful.
4. Welcome binder in room. We have learned that using these for food and such is a great way to find good local restaurants. We were able to get relatively cheap delivery right to our room. The restaurant knew where the hotel was and everything. (down side: THIS RESTAURANT WAS DOWN THE STREET AND THE HOTEL CHARGED US FOR THE CALLS.)

Not so positive:
1. Internet. There is most likely only one Internet router here. Our room was quite close to the office but we had dodgy Internet the whole time. In the morning there was no Internet, probably because they didn't want us to write this review with a fresh memory.
2. Check out. I'm pretty sure that he gave me the paper that I was supposed to sign. I asked him if I was ok to leave and he said yes. Soooo....
3. The bathtub floor was a little too dorm-room dirty for me to shower in. I had waterproof flip flops with me but I thought of it too late.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The bathroom was incredibly nasty. I got us moved the next day. Less nasty but the cigarette holes in the linen were really vile. Worst hotel ever

2  Thank gibsonsmom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The furniture was old and dirty looking. The chair in the room had holes in it. The rug was filthy looking with stains and torn in spots. The ice machine was broken you had to remove a cover on the top of the machine and reach in and scoop out the ice. They seemed to run out of breckfast by Sunday morning. I guess compared to the Hotel next door which we attended a wedding at its a value. The employees were friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank T B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. I am so thankful it was only for one night or we would have found some place else to stay. The carpets were flithy, I did not want my children to even walk around the room w/o shoes. It was very difficult to stay here with a preschooler and a toddler who puts everything in his mouth! Our bed did not have a fitted sheet, the quilt on top had cigarette burns on it and the side material on the box spring was coming off, so my son would stick his hand inside it. The carpet right outside of the bathroom was wet and the whole room just smelled bad. I would never choose this hotel again! The breakfast was nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn
Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area

Been to Motel 6 Alsip? Share your experiences!