“Very good restaurant”

Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Algonquin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Delicious pasta dishes. Good service. Very enjoyable restaurant to visit and dine inside. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013

Algonquin, Illinois
“Just PAR food again with slow service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is my 2nd try in the past few months here and again, it didn't meet my expectations. Service is always slow, like when you need someone for a drink/bread refill or your check you can't find your server. The food use to be so good but the last 2 times it has been just par. We also ordered a dessert to split, for 6.95 I thought it would have been big enough for 2, but it was a very small portion. I think it was choc Chip Nutella skillet? It tasted ok, but not worth the price for it's size as I think we both only got 2 mouthfuls!

I also have to add that I go to nice restaurants often and I don't understand why Biaggi's servers always some off snobbish to me. It really bothers me. I enjoy good service by friendly people. this area needs improvement!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cbjhome
Illinois
“Definitely a Step Up from the Other Randall Road Restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Made our first visit here last Friday for my birthday dinner. Hadn't realized they took reservations or we would have made one-were told it would be about a 20 minute wait-was closer to 35 minutes but it was a Friday and the manager that seated us was appropriately apologetic. Our waitress was excellent and I liked that the wait staff was dressed and acted a bit more upscale than many of the other restaurants in the area. Food was good-we've been to several really authentic Italian restaurants in the last few months and this isn't quite the same but it was still good. Also really appreciated that you could order a 1/2 order of pasta for under $10-my daughter orders pasta quite often wherever we go and they usually bring her enough noodles to feed a family of 4 for a month. I was also impressed that I got a fairly generous sized glass of house wine for under $6. It was a bit loud as most restaurants seem to be these days but not too bad. All in all, a really nice birthday dinner and we will be back.

• Visited September 2013
USA
“Average Corporate Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Biaggi's is a upscale chain restaurant, so the menu is "standard" corporate fare prepared to
company instructions. That said, the choices are good, but without the benefit of any creative efforts on part of the cooks. On this recent visit, the restaurant was only about 25% filled, yet the service was slow.

Had to wait for the server to realize we had been seated. Apparently they monitor drink portions since I doubt my drink was short of a 1oz pour. Switching to a wine, the waiter just forgot, never came until main corse arrived and he was reminded.

Dinner was a nightly fish special that was flavorful and portioned just right.

Due to high ceilings and hard surfaces, noise can be an issue. If considering the outdoor patio, first do a "smell check", as the adjacent pond varies in condition (Odor).

Overall, Biaggi's is a standard chain experience, done well. Worthy of consideration, but certainly not a "destination".

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank RDGUSA
“Awesome italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The food here is always fantastic and the service is extraordinary. We go back again and again! We love the bruschetta appetizer. It is to die for!

• Visited August 2013