“Delicious octopus appetizer and great martinis”
Review of Cucina Bella

Cucina Bella
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Algonquin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cucina Bella offers authentic Italian cuisine accompanied by a great selection of wine and spirits. A stylish, comfortable atmosphere and simple decor adorned by brick walls create a cozy feeling at Cucina Bella. Fresh ingredients serve up savory recipes, creating an unforgettable visit time and again. Combining creative dishes and a wide variety of flavors, Cucina Bella enhances a true Italian dining experience to be shared among family and friends.​
Elgin, Illinois
“Delicious octopus appetizer and great martinis”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My first time here and I tried the octopii appetizer (grilled with balsamic), their house salad and the chicken with gorgonzola cream sauce. The food was delicious. I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013

Cary, Illinois
“Excellent atmosphere good food friendly staff”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff here is always friendly. From bus boys to waiters and very attentive. Have been here numerous times with either family, as a couple, or with another couple. Great atmosphere with brick walls. In Christmas they have a big tree. Sometimes there is live entertainment with a singer. Bread is delicious, nice martini specials. Big Italian portions... Always lunch leftover for the next day. Chocolate moose cake with Oreo crust....a must to order!

Visited June 2013
Chicago, IL
“Better Italian than most”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here off and on for 5 years or so - They have always served huge tasty portions of food.
Over the last few months I have noticed a bit of a drop in the quality of the food and the clientele.
The food is more hit-or-miss when before it was all hit. It used to be more of a place you would dress up for but now it's hard to get motivated for that with some of the loud slobs you can find at their bar some nights.
The last time I went, though, the food was a hit. I have heard you can always judge an Italian place by its fettuccine carbonara - and it was right on. I usually get either the meat sauce or arrabiatta on my pasta but branched out and did not regret it.
The service is always great.

• Visited March 2013
Algonquin, IL
“Not impressed”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have been to this restaurant twice, and have not been impressed either time. We were seated in the back half of the restaurant just a few feet from the open kitchen and waiter area. It really took away from the ambiance of the restaurant. It is very dimly lit, which I believe is so that you can't see your food. I ordered a pasta dish where I could choose my own noodles and sauce. The sauce I chose was Carbonara which stated it was made with prociutto ham. I couldn't find a trace of the ham, nor did it taste like ham. It was almost flavorless. We ordered the bruchetta appeziter which had huge chunks of flavorless, cold tomatoes. The only good part was our waitress, who was very attentive.

• Visited February 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“In the mood for Italian and great atmosphere, this is the place!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Bottom line: great food,prices, ambiance & service we'll be back. Kids menu but didn't see any kids there. Also full service bar. Large portions, appetizer, drinks, pasta, dessert & tip about $70.

Went there for dinner on a Wed night around 7, it was surprisingly busy but we were seated promptly. We were brought water and bread as soon as we sat down. The server came by and poured garlic infused oil and put parm cheese on a plate while taking our drink order. I ordered the "Limon" which was very tasty not to sweet, just right but really only a one drink item in my mind. We ordered the bruschetta for an appetizer and it was very fresh and tasty (no nasty winter tomatoes there). I ordered the tortellini special which came with prosciutto&mushrooms in a tasty Alfredo sauce. My daughter ordered good old fashioned spaghetti and meatballs off their build your own pasta menu option. You can choose the pasta, sauce, meat and have it baked if you choose to. Everything came with a choice of soup or salad. We both had the salad with the house dressing. It was a basic side salad and their house dressing was fantastic. A nice vinegarette not too sweet, just the right amount of garlic, if they bottled it and sold it, I'd buy it! The server did a good job of bringing out our courses at just the right time. I was still sipping my Limon (not a drink to be slammed) when she brought out our pasta dishes. Quite honestly at that point I didn't have room for much after eating the bread,bruschetta and salad. I figured I'll eat a few bites and bring it home for later. She brought them together and since my daughter had her spaghetti baked there was a ton of cheese on it and she didn't want any fresh grated parm cheese. I on the other hand love fresh parm and asked her to pile it on. Well I put down the drink and being left handed set it down on the left side of the plate. The server couldn't put the cheese on from the right side because we wre seated at a table for four and there was a chair in the way. I know you're saying who cares so I'll get on with it. She came to the other side of the table and went to grate the cheese and spilled my drink. Oh no, not even one bite! She had quick reflexes and caught the glass before it hit the floor; but the damage was done. Fortunately (?) most of the drink went into the bowl of pasta and they use cloth napkins so it was a quick clean up. But I was left without food while my daughter's food was getting cold. The server quickly dashed off and put in a new order for a drink and pasta. She came back with a fresh drink (good thing my daughter agreed to be the DD cause that one was going to my head) and said she ordered the pasta on the fly. It came out quickly and my daughter hadn't made much of a dent in her dish so it worked out well. The tortellini was fresh and the Alfredo sauce was delicious; worth the wait! We decided to order the chocolate cake to go just because it looked so good; which it was but it took us a week to eat since it was such a huge slice. Needless to say we brought home leftovers and ate them all! Despite the spill; it is a place I plan to visit again.

Visited April 2013