“Modern food, service, and decor”
Review of Montarra

Montarra
Reserve with OpenTable
Montarra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Algonquin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: County Line Rd
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Amazing food--"American modern"--in a strip mall setting outside but stunning decor inside, with good lighting, Chihuly chandelier, comfortable seating, and good noise level.

There are newer reviews for Montarra

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for Valentines day and had a wonderful meal. We both got the wedge salads. My wife had a filet and I had the London broil with bacon wrapped scallops. Every bite was great and the portions very fulfilling. We ended with the donuts with vanilla ice cream and expresso poured over it( cant remeber the name of them). They are amazing. Would go back here all the time for dinner!!!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice atmosphere - upscale restaurant. Great for business meetings. Food is very good as is the service. A nice find for the suburbs.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We tend to visit Montarra on special occassions because it's pricey. We've never been disappointed. Last visit, they knew it wasour anniversary and they surprised us with an appropriately decorated dessert plate.

The small plate fish tacos are unbelievable. I savored every bite. I also enjoy their unique salads. The french onion soup was served in an actual "onion" bowl - very cool presentation. I highly recommend the borsin stuffed filet mignon. Amazing chef!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

While looking for a place to entertain several clients in the Elgin area, I picked Montarra Grill based on reviews on this site. I then heard later from our President that he highly recommended it. I made a reservation for 7. We were seated immediately in a center section of the restaurant which contained only 6-8 tables and was "enclosed" on 2 sides by waterfalls and the other 2 by silky curtains. We were the only ones in there so it offered total privacy and ability for great conversation. They also offered to hang our coats for us. In a nutshell, the service was top notch. We never had to wait for anything. Friendly and informative also. We ordered everything from calamari to steak to salad. Everything was excellent! I would highly recommend this place!