“Closed location. ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
“Closed location. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice before and loved the atmosphere. The price. And the quality of the food. Sadly, this location has closed.

Lake in the Hills, IL
“Slow and noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

After waiting over 20 mins to be seated in a half empty restaurant, it took almost another 20 mins for our server to take our order. Chicken salad was ok but by then I was so hungry I likely would have eaten anything.
High ceilings create an almost echo effect inside, very hard to carry on a conversation.

Visited January 2013
Algonquin, Illinois
“Great service, good food,fair prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very cute and cozy atmosphere(country French decor). I had the Coq au vin, which is like French comfort food and my husband had the sirloin steak. I was informed by our very attentive waiter that the Coq au vin takes a little longer, so if I was very hungry he would bring a cup of soup, no charge. I accepted and had the most tasty unbaked onion soup ever. Not too sweet, not too salty, and good and hot. My dish was worth waiting for. The wine sauce was delicious and the chicken was tender and served good and hot as well. My husband (very picky) was very happy with his steak and real mashed potatoes and garlic sauted harecorts(skinny green beans). Deserts are delicious too. We split the hot apple caramel crumb cake with vanilla ice cream. A little sweet to end out great meal. Did I mention, the staff and servers are all very cordial and accommodating.

Visited June 2013
Chicagol, IL
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

There is something for everyone here, nothing complicated. Nice sandwiches, particularly the turkey breast (real turkey, not deli turkey meat) on ciabatta roll. I really enjoy the salads and soups and have had savory crepes on occasion. Very nice breakfast menu. I prefer coming here for breakfast or lunch. They do have a full service bar so cocktails, wine and beer are available.
For a chain restaurant this place is very nice, with caring, attentive servers. I should also mention that they are open for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“not bad but not spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This day and age , if I am going to spend money on out-to-eat meals, its gotta be spectacular. Grandma treated my daughters and me to lunch here on a Monday. It wasn't busy at all but the waitress wasn't very attentive. I am a forgiving person but we had come to Algonquin Commons to shop, not sit around waiting for service. The french decor was somewhat charming and the noise level was low.
My daughter's French Dip was a generous size which she shared with her sister because she ordered the appetizer "petite stuffed potatoes" which was extremely petite! Mom and I ordered Ham & Swiss Tartine, which was very good. All was in the $8-$12 range. I appreciate the fact that they list calorie amounts on the menu.
Again, no complaints, but it will be a while before I give it another chance.

• Visited May 2013