“Excellent hotel. Very clean.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Algonquin
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice overnight stay here. Very clean hotel and friendly staff. Had a nice surprise with an upgrade to a queen suite. Breakfast was hot and fresh. Nice updated property. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your review! We take pride in taking care of you. Come back soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here one night on a business trip. It's in a good location....a tad off the beaten path so it's quiet, but close to restaurants and other businesses. They have a free happy hour in the evening. The food wasn't very good, but the beer was nice! I would stay there again, but I wouldn't have Sal's (recommended by the front desk) deliver my dinner. Long story, but there are better options.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thanks for reviewing us. Sorry to hear you didn't like Sal's...we've had much success with them. Do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in this city by accident on our cross-country trip. The staff at this hotel were nice and educated with their surroundings. They recommended shops down the road for school shopping and restaurants for dinner. The rooms were a good size for a large family traveling with a baby. My kids absolutely loved the indoor pool. The breakfast was cooked at the right temperature and surprisingly
tasty. The best part about this Hotel for me is that it had enough parking for our RV. We stayed in a lot of Hotels on our cross country adventure but my family voted this Hotel "Best Overall Experience"

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Snssr
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you! We love reviews like this and we're so happy you accidentally stumbled upon us. The staff here works hard and absolutely appreciates why they are here...to take care of our guests, like you. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I often put family up in this hotel , very clean , nice staff and very comfortable rooms just a little expensive for the location, The place is behind a high school which is weird but its far off randall rd and you don't really know its there

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Glad to see that the only dislike you had was our location. We do have large signage out on Randall Road. Our apologies that it was missed. Come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stay here every time I have business in west Chicagoland. It's convenient to shopping restaurants, and the nearby communities, like Hampshire. They have some unique appetizers during the manager's reception, and breakfast is always good. My favorite room is the Jacuzzi suite. You can sit in there, relax, and watch TV after a long day.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I appreciate your kind words. My staff and I work hard to be the best. Come back and visit real soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I go here once yearly when I need to spend a night in Algonquin, IL. The motel is completely as expected - clean, simple, staff courteous. I've never had any problems in this motel. The free breakfast is a nice touch. I've come to depend on this place staying exactly as it is, an affordable, comfortable stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your time in doing so. I'm anxious to share the information with the team. Come back real soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Becoming a fan of Holiday Inns. They are a little "pricey" for my business travel budget (i pay out of my pocket) but if there are no decent lower priced options with good T.A. reviews in the area, I am heading to the "Inn". This one is nicely appointed. It is Pretty, has a comfortable bed, spacious room. Great breakfast with hot food. I enjoyed my retreat on the road. There is a decent restaurant next door. Overall, a nice stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for your kinds words. We do our best to excel each and every day. We appreciate you noticing and taking time to scribe about it. Enjoy your summer and come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Algonquin
Hampton Inn - McHenry
Comfort Suites Elgin
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
#2 of 4 in Crystal Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin? Share your experiences!