“horrible place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Addison
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“horrible place to stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

stayed over due to flight being canceled. night manager was rude and slow to get anything done, yelling at his staff in front of a room full of guests waiting to check in. rude to customers checking in and threatened to not check us in when questioned about price and about the shuttle from the airport skipping our stop for 2 hours. rooms were dirty and door broken with broken locks, water was not usable for making coffee. it would have been better to stay on the cots that american airlines offered us and probably safer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This place gave me the creeps. The hotel clerk was rude, plain and simple. I felt about as welcome as the plague. I was stuck to stay here because my flight was canceled at O'Hare and this was where they put us. Thanks United Airlines, not! I slept on top of the bed with my clothes on, does that tell you anything? And it stunk so bad of cigarettes it was disgusting. I called the front desk as soon as I got into my room and told "Mr. So Glad You Are Staying With Us" and he said he would tell housekeeping in the morning! What, to stop smoking while they are suppose to be cleaning the rooms? This place should be demolished. So glad I had to only stay here a short time.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Since writing to the Corp for a FULL refund I have seen almost EVERY comment left about this place to be TERRIBLE! And this is being nice. This place is dirty, disgusting, unplugged heaters that when plugged in didn't heat the room, the sheets had yellow stains, the blankets had hair intertwined in them, the bathroom was outdated and disgusting, the wallpaper boarder was starting to peel, the TV reception was AWFUL, the phone reception was AWFUL and I would NEVER, EVER recommend ANYONE to stay at this facility. I have been contacted by the Managers Secretary & offered a 25% refund, then an email by the Mgr. himself, Sunny, in which I see all the responses are cut & paste to ALL read the same, what POOR management. Agreed that the check in was HORRIBLE as well as he was training someone who couldn't understand what to do next and in the shape I came in (crying after a marital issue) I would have made sure that the room I was giving to a crying woman and her child would have been warm & clean. WHAT A DISGRACE. If I do not get this resolved and my FULL refund back, I will seek legal action and use ALL of the complaints listed here as proof. Staying MAYBE 2 hours if that DOES NOT WARRENT 89.09! Would NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE (I mentioned that already. UGH, so aggravating!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

BEWARE
I wouldn't even give this place a one star, this had to be one of the worst places i have every stayed in and or ever been treated so poorly. The manager owner was rude to his employees during check in..and it took atleast 30 minutes.  The price i was chargedwas 20 dollars more then advertised, they had cable on tv in the lobby but only five basic channels in the room..no cable for a room that cost 70$ there should brcable. The place was dirty and stinky and wirst of all the next morning we were running late checking out and the same owner came to the door with some sort of security demanding that i leave at that moment or law enforcement would be called..yelling and screaming.  That was despicable i told him that i was going to writethis review and he ccould of cared less.

• Stayed March 2014
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The property is old, but our room was clean. The staff was friendly and did what they could to make our stay comfortable. It took over 30 minutes to check in, but the manager made sure we had a room that was clean and everything was in working order. The price was very reasonable and I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank lorilea33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison Area
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison ...
#1 of 1 in Glendale Heights

Been to Howard Johnson Addison O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!