“Be careful if you book your wedding reception there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Venuti's Restaurant Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Venuti's Restaurant Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My Daughters wedding reception was in May, Like many other couples people they hire to take care of special events are always changing. Our person ended up being Pat, { a man}. Who really sucked, there's no other way to put it. My daughter booked at Venuti's because of it's elegant's and reputation, but we soon found out that meant nothing. They charged us so much money but didn't deliver, At the end of the night when my daughter was having a breakdown about the evening, Marie Venuti and all the staff told us that a report was going to be written and addressed and that they would take care of us with all the mishaps of the night. Well to our surprise, I can't even get a Venuti to call me back !!!! I have made many attempts and left many messeges to only get ignored. Venuti's took all our hard earned money and did NOT deliver what was promised. To this day I leave messages ever day for all the Venuti's and not one of them have the balls to call me back or even care about making this right. Family owned doesn't mean a damn thing to them it just sounds good to the public. Everyone reading this please save yourselves alot of aggravation and take your business elsewhere, if we keep letting people like this get away with awful service they will never change or care... Signed, Still waiting for a responce from a Venuti..................................................................................

28  Thank keeona
Venuti_11, Owner at Venuti's Restaurant Italian, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

We are a little confused about this review.

The food, service and overall wedding reception were a huge success and enjoyed by everyone including the reviewer.

There were two issues that we are aware of; one being the bridal suite. Accidentally, some of the members of our other wedding that evening were occupying the reviewer's bridal suite upon their arrival. We quickly rectified the situation and we truely apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

The other issue was the bride's wish to have a receiving line. Unfortunately the bridal party arrived a half hour before introductions due to pictures. To keep on a timely schedule we were unable to have the planned receiving line.

A call from the reviewer was placed to Venuti's after the wedding. I was on vacation so the sales associate spoke with them. An offer was made to make up for the two inconviences but it was declined.

No further attempts have been made to contact me or anyone at Venuti's.

We are very open to speaking with the reviewer as our customers are of the utmost importance.

Frank Venuti

Reviewed June 20, 2010

We ordered their Chilean sea bass which is also known as Patagonian tooth fish. The average size caught for the table is 22 pounds and is served as a thick filet devoid of bones. The flesh is snowy white. What was served was some small very extremely boney fish which was not Chilean sea bass. The waiter "deboned" the fish at tableside, but every single bite had huge bones. It was disgusting!!!! It was a wonder one of us didn't choke on the abundance of bones. The potato served was a deep fried tater tot which was void of flavor.

On leaving the restaurant, we sought out the owners, one of whom strutted around the restaurant glad handing a couple of tables with groups. We finally got his attention and complained. His attitude was most indifferent and obviously he couldn't care less. I can see why thy restaurent was a sea of emply tables at the height of dinner time on a Satdurday night.

Needless to say, we will not be returning, and will discourage anyone else from going.

7  Thank schmoel
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I was reading some of the discouraging reports from some of these ex-Venuti's customers and I couldn't disagree more. I've been there for a Sunday Champagne Bruch and I couldn't have been treated better or tasted any finer foods...especially from a buffet (which is just an option). They have a regular menu as well. As far as the valet...it's a classy place. If they want to help you out of your car and park it for free...let them. Don't tip them if you don't want...do you have something to hide in your car? Kids...I don't blame them for watching you...the other customers don't want your kids sticking their nasty hands in buffet food. No matter how behaved you think your kids are...they're still picking their nose. It's not a Pizza Hut buffet... If you want delicious food at a classy place for a decent price than pay them a visit. I'll be back!

2  Thank Forteuomo
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Regarding the review of being offended because they wanted ALL their customers to have healthy clean food and keep kids at bay from a buffet.... you make me WANT to go there. Thank you Venuti's for making sure we don't have sloppy kids breathing, coughing and putting their hands on the food. We go to Venuti's 2-3 times a month and the food is FANTASTIC. Prepared well and top ingredients. Great Lounge. Great people. I highly recommend this place to anyone who appreciates a well done restaurant!

2  Thank boomertee
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We recently had lunch at Venuti’s in Addison to celebrate my parent’s 43rd wedding anniversary. There were 20 people in our party, 7 of which were children ages 4 to 9 years old.
When we arrived, the hostess pointed out where our table was and as we walked to the table, the waiter assigned to our party approached us and said that the children were not allowed to touch the food area or be able to look at the items too closely citing safety. All this before we had even taken our seats. Though we were certainly bewildered by his warning, we respected the restaurant’s policy and acknowledged what he said. This being said, our initially festive and happy moods were diminished. Instead, we found ourselves warning all the children about what the waiter had said about the buffet area.
As we started to approach the buffet area, each child was assigned to an adult for assistance. Again, the waiter reiterated his warning, not once or twice, but three times more then proceeded to hover over all of us. It was with some difficulty that the children could not go near the buffet area to make their selection. And anyone with children would know that kids need to see their food first before they make their selection. Though not one child was left unattended, that did not deter the waiter from lurking in the vicinity. It would have been acceptable if he offered assistance, but he stood there stoic with watchful eyes. Let me note that the kids in our party were very well behaved, polite and quiet. (Several patrons made the effort to compliment us of their behavior.)
The final straw was when I was trying to help my four year old son chose his fruits. At Venuti’s, their desserts and fruits were placed on top of the buffet bar, which is almost 5 feet tall. As I carried my son in my arms so he could see the fruit selection, a waitress rushed to me in a panic, saying “You have to put your child down. You can not lift him up.” I told her that I was merely trying to show my son the fruit selection, but once again she frantically said to me, “You have to put him down!”
In a country where service is of the utmost importance in any business, Venuti’s failed in all accounts. Our experience was extremely dreadful. No one enjoyed their meal. All the adults were apprehensive and the kids were anxious. We felt as if we were being scrutinized and reprimanded at every turn. Other patrons who witnessed this incident approached us and suggested we speak to management. Though the manager was apologetic after I spoke to him, it no longer mattered because our entire celebration was spoiled, everyone’s mood was somber.
All in all, I didn’t think the food was worth the money. There wasn’t much selection to begin with and there were a lot of fried items. The food was nothing out of the ordinary. I would not recommend this place to people with children, because they certainly were not made to feel welcomed. This is not a family friendly atmosphere and I will not be making a return visit.

13  Thank CruisenCruz