“Tap dancers upstairs and an AC louder than airplanes!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Addison
Dallas, Texas
“Tap dancers upstairs and an AC louder than airplanes!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff was slow to respond, even on arrival. There insulation in the ceiling was so then that the people upstairs sounded like they were tap dancing all night. Then, although it wasn't hot outside, it was stuffy in the room and so I turned on the AC. Every 3- minutes it would ROAR on and would only stay on for 5 minutes and then would turn off... Then would turn on again... loud as an airplane! every time, all night long!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback on the atmosphere and noise issues you experienced. Your comments will help us to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Benjamin Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel was New, Clean, comfortable! Room was quiet and bed was very comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel. Conveniently located, great staff and good free breakfast. Would stay there again.

Dublin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family and had 2 rooms booked. It's located near to the O'hare 20 mins drive from there and has several eating joints near by. I would definitely here again if I am visiting chicago or nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Addison, Il, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Clean, great price and great value. Safe and convenient to area eating and entertainment. Nice workout equipment. Good variety of food in the complimentary breakfast. Friendly staff with no issues during stay. Thank you staff

Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

In searching for hotels in the Chicago area, places located in the city were too expensive for our budget, so we opted to stay in the suburbs and drive in to do our sightseeing. Since we are Hilton Honors members, we were able to get a great deal on this location.

The hotel was in a great location, near the freeway and close to restaurants, shops and movie theaters. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful as is normal for most Hilton locations. Complimentary breakfast was great and the usual Hilton quality. Room was spacious and very clean.

My only complaint for this location is that the bed mattress was not up to par and was more worn than usual. We stayed here for two nights each morning I woke up with a backache. At first, I thought it was from all the walking that we were doing while sightseeing, but then I realized on the second morning, that it was the same kind of backache I had at home before replacing my old mattress.

Since several of the Hampton Inn's in the Chicago and surrounding area seem to be in various stages of remodeling, I would hope that this location will be changing out their beds some time soon. Other than the bed issue, this hotel was a good choice and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently spent only one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, but I wish I spent more! I'm a fan of Hampton Inns in general, but I was especially impressed by this one.

For starters, our room was huge, with two queen beds, a desk, dresser, TV, and benches. We also had a large closet, bathroom, and mini kitchenette.

The beds and bathroom were very clean. Plenty of towels, nice toiletries, and if (like me) you often forget something, you can request a razor, shaving cream, toothbrush, etc. from the front desk.

Two things I really appreciated about this room were the charging station on the nightstand (so that I didn't have to go rooting around and unplugging lamps in order to plug in my phone or tablet), and the nightlight in the bathroom. I like leaving a small light on in an unfamiliar hotel room so that I can find my way to the bathroom at night if I must, but so many hotels have no night light and the main light switch is often connected to the fan, making for a loud evening.

The complimentary breakfast was good as always. I was traveling with a group and we had to leave quite early in the morning. The staff made sure that a full breakfast (coffee, tea, juice, omelets, homefries, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, etc.) was ready to go at 6 a.m. sharp.

Staff was great, the room was great, and the breakfast was great. We arrived late at night and left early in the morning, so I can't speak for the hotel's other amenities, but I imagine that they were great as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel was up to Hampton Inn standards with breakfast, wi-fi, internet access, microwave and refrigerator at no extra charge. Even though it is is close to 355 (toll road), it is possible to go from the hotel to Chicago (via 290), and from the Schaumburg area (355) without paying a toll.

The hotel is within walking distance to Starbucks, Famous Dave's, IHOP. However, it is a little far away from the city of Chicago.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Westin Chicago Northwest
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Addison? Share your experiences!