“Needs work”

Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The place seemed to be in the process of renovation. Was there for a funeral, and also Battling the flu. Noisy when I got there , some pounding in the rooms down the hall. construction I suppose. The toilet wouldn't flush. being in the hospitality business on the maintenance side, i was able to make it work when needed. I notified the front desk, they sent someone, but it was obvious he didn't know anything of the workers of a pressure tank flush mechanism. The desk offered another roam, but I was very tired and said it was OK for now. The bed was very bad, lumpy and no bedspread, just a cover . YUK. Too cold under just a sheet. The HVAC was not the best. Tv was marginal, fuzzy and bad sound. There was a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the hall. I was also surprised when I called they asked if I wanted a smoking room!! I thought it was illegal in IL .They also tried to charge me more than my friends staying there, and only lowered the price when I started getting a little riled up. Breakfast was ok for free, or almost.
Not a good stay. There are better places nearby.

Room Tip: Don't use this place.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank muskie999
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Addison

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love this hotel and the staff is great! From the manager to the housekeeping, they make you feel welcome and comfortable. An older property that is very well maintained. The beds are the most comfortable and tv channel selection is just like home and not a hotel chain. Great breakfast and Internet connection as well.
Great restaurants nearby as well and Starbucks across the street which is a perk.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the movie theater side of the hotel on the top floor, you can see the sun come...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank woobieann
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and I hope you got a chance to experience the sunrise over the city as you described it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Exactly what you'd expect from a newer Hampton - headed a little upscale? However, the person who cleaned/organized my room did an exceptional job, maybe the best I have ever seen. Without question would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bzuefishx
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is situated within walking distance of several eateries. Nice rooms and clean facilities! Good service. On the down-side ... please start serving breakfast with stainless cutlery and porcelain crockery. Plastic and Styrofoam is TERRIBLE!!!

Room Tip: Park close to the hotel, I've heard stories of a few car break-ins....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Came to this hotel for Ryder cup practice, and would stay again! Very clean with very nice staff.
Everyone was very helpful! enjoyable.With the added breakfast a very nice stay.
Use this hotel to see Chicago, we stayed at a westin ..and this was by far a better value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I came into the Hampton Inn in Addison not knowing what to expect, and in a bad mood from flying all day. At first, I thought the staff was ambivalent...

But a full four day stint there and I found the service from the front desk and the other members DAMN good.

Here's why for just one example: One afternoon I had to make it over to the nearby Village of Itasca to catch Metra into Union Station. They called George, their usual shuttle guy who had also picked me up at O'Hare to come and get me.

Well, unfortunately George couldn't make it, and in short order they yanked a guy named Danny off the front desk, had him get the hotel van and drive my butt over to Itasca ASAP. Well, it made my day and then some since my appt. was 21 years in the making.

The location of the hotel is at first somewhat out of the way since it's set back off the road, but the advantage to that is lack of freeway noise from nearby Illinois 355.

Their morning breakfast isn't great, but it does the job and has oatmeal, thank god. I'd like to see a better scrambled egg set-up, but theirs does the job.

Only disadvantage to the room was lack of good ventilation. Since none of the windows open, getting fresh air in was a pain. I had to keep the door cracked open with a piece of wadded up paper towel inserted between the frame and the door just to get some type of cross flow. This seems to be a problem with newer hotels, wish they would revert to at least a half-window that opens.

Otherwise this place is worth it. If I ever go back to Addison I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get one near the weight room.My buddy Max did, and his sleep wasn't near as good as mi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
bennymartinez, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I'm happy you were able to connect with our team members to make your stay more enjoyable. Unfortunately you are correct the windows do not open in our property as this is now the industry standard since the inclusion of HVAC units, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I start by saying this, the hotel itself is descent for the price. My issue really is with their service. We planned to have our wedding guest stay at this location after our reception at Venutti's. We had over 30 rooms booked and with that the manager we had been working with threw in the use of the conference room for us to unwind in after the wedding reception. After our reception we went to check in only to find out that the receptionist on duty was refusing to let us and our guests into the conference room promised to us. He said we only had use of it until 10:30, which was b.s since our reception wasn't over until 12:30pm. This meant that we had to spend an hour of our wedding night arguing our point. They could not get ahold of the manager we had worked this out with. We didnt get what we were promised and hd to comprimise. The story goes on but it would take me forever to right. Service awful, rooms affordable and nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie G
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while here at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms and amenities themselves. However I'm sorry we fell short on the service end of your wedding. There was certainly some communication issues between myself and my staff which we have looked into and adjusted our polices to make sure these are not reoccurring problems for our guests. I am aware that a wedding can be one of the most important times in a person's life and I'm sorry we did not aid in furthering the specialness of your wedding day. All comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I would like to assure you that this level of service is not typical of our staff and I'm again terribly sorry of the miscommunication that caused this issue. As always of our utmost importance to resolve issues a should you or anyone needs assistance in the future you may call me at my direct line 630-317-5050. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments about your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Addison? Share your experiences!