“Home away from home”

Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love this hotel and the staff is great! From the manager to the housekeeping, they make you feel welcome and comfortable. An older property that is very well maintained. The beds are the most comfortable and tv channel selection is just like home and not a hotel chain. Great breakfast and Internet connection as well.
Great restaurants nearby as well and Starbucks across the street which is a perk.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the movie theater side of the hotel on the top floor, you can see the sun come...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank woobieann
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and I hope you got a chance to experience the sunrise over the city as you described it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Exactly what you'd expect from a newer Hampton - headed a little upscale? However, the person who cleaned/organized my room did an exceptional job, maybe the best I have ever seen. Without question would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bzuefishx
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is situated within walking distance of several eateries. Nice rooms and clean facilities! Good service. On the down-side ... please start serving breakfast with stainless cutlery and porcelain crockery. Plastic and Styrofoam is TERRIBLE!!!

Room Tip: Park close to the hotel, I've heard stories of a few car break-ins....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Came to this hotel for Ryder cup practice, and would stay again! Very clean with very nice staff.
Everyone was very helpful! enjoyable.With the added breakfast a very nice stay.
Use this hotel to see Chicago, we stayed at a westin ..and this was by far a better value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I start by saying this, the hotel itself is descent for the price. My issue really is with their service. We planned to have our wedding guest stay at this location after our reception at Venutti's. We had over 30 rooms booked and with that the manager we had been working with threw in the use of the conference room for us to unwind in after the wedding reception. After our reception we went to check in only to find out that the receptionist on duty was refusing to let us and our guests into the conference room promised to us. He said we only had use of it until 10:30, which was b.s since our reception wasn't over until 12:30pm. This meant that we had to spend an hour of our wedding night arguing our point. They could not get ahold of the manager we had worked this out with. We didnt get what we were promised and hd to comprimise. The story goes on but it would take me forever to right. Service awful, rooms affordable and nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie G
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while here at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms and amenities themselves. However I'm sorry we fell short on the service end of your wedding. There was certainly some communication issues between myself and my staff which we have looked into and adjusted our polices to make sure these are not reoccurring problems for our guests. I am aware that a wedding can be one of the most important times in a person's life and I'm sorry we did not aid in furthering the specialness of your wedding day. All comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I would like to assure you that this level of service is not typical of our staff and I'm again terribly sorry of the miscommunication that caused this issue. As always of our utmost importance to resolve issues a should you or anyone needs assistance in the future you may call me at my direct line 630-317-5050. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments about your stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times and it is a nice clean and comfortable property. In general, I have had pleasant stays here. The front desk staff is always pleasant, and location is great. It's tucked away so it is a nice private, quiet property.

My complaint here is with management, who neglects to resolve issues. I booked a stay here through Expedia. The hotel made an error and charged my credit card for the stay instead of charging Expedia. I have called several times and left messages with the hotel staff and voicemail, because the manager Benjamin is never available. It's been a month now and there has been no corrective action by the hotel, and no response from Benjamin.

So the property is certainly worth staying at, just be aware of billing/charges and keep records. My problem is the hotel charged my card the day after my stay so I didn't have a chance to correct before I left.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
bennymartinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Addison, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while here at our hotel. We are sorry about the billing error. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I hope all is well with your bank account and everything is corrected, but if not please contact me directly so we can get the issue resolved immediately. Again, we apologize and we certainly hope you give us another chance to provide a great hotel stay. I apologize if you have been unable to reach me however I have no record of your calls prior to this week. It is always of our utmost importance to resolve issues and I am saddened to hear the rate at which this was resolved should you Or anyone) needs assistance in the future you may call me at my direct line 630-317-5050.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. It's not too far of a drive into Chicago 30-45 mins. on an average day. We got lucky most of the time now that we know what peak times to avoid traffic. It was a good center point for other places we visited during our stay such as Brookfield Zoo and Glencoe Botanic Gardens.

The service here was amazing. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was very welcoming. The pool was clean. The breakfast was above average! We will definitely be staying here every time we come to the area!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amethystrain25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Addison? Share your experiences!