“Wonderful stay at Log Spirit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Athol
Log Spirit Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Athol B&B and Inns
Spokane, WA
“Wonderful stay at Log Spirit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Lew and Robin at Log Spirit. We stayed in the Midnight Dream room and utilized the delightful hot tub on the deck overlooking the pine trees. Our hosts were most gracious and joined us in a friendly game of Farkle over a lovely glass of wine. The bed was large and comfortable and the setting was relaxing and romantic. We will return again!

Room Tip: We loved the Midnight Dream room due to the size and hot tub, but the view out of any of the "s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jerome, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

You can't beat Log Spirit for a great place to stay. I've been a guest there for business and returned for a pleasure trip. The beds a better than home, the log cabin feels warm, and the food is better than any restaurant in the area. I've stayed at other B&Bs and I can say that Robin and Lew are best hosts I've ever had. The hot tubs in the winter under a clear sky with all those stars topped it off.

Room Tip: For couples, the second floor room with the balcony is nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Port Byron, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is our third time staying at the Log Spirirt B & B, and each visit we are greeted like family! Lew and Robin are gracious hosts, and accommodate your every need. Every morning you are greeted with smiles and a delcious breakfast, and the evenings are peaceful with the crackling fireplace. Look forward to future stays! Dan & Connie- Syracuse, NY

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie R
Calgary Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I have now experienced 3 occasions of fabulous times at Log Spirit. The hosts Robin and Lew have become good friends and have made us want to come back each time for more comfort, hospitality and the most creative and wonderful food. We are excited about the next visit.

Jan & Lorne

Room Tip: Rooms are all very quiet and each is unique.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
renton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I totally agree with the previous post from denver I was going to post all the things I did not like about this place but I have decided never to stay there again and not recommend the b and b to my friends. I was told the b and b was for sale .

Room Tip: do not stay in the spring room no hot water
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank robert t
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was so hoping to love this place. I give it kudos for a beautiful setting. Staying here means that you are exposed to the relationship turmoils of the hosts, Robin and Lew.

Robin is the abrasive, easily irritated host. She is constantly barking at her co-host, Lew. Robin acts as if she is carrying the weight of every action on her shouders. This makes her irritable towards any guest asking a question.

Lew's efforts to help her with answering questions are met with her visable scorn and eye rolling at his stupidity. I felt sorry for the guy after this happened forr the 6th time at breakfast. From loudly correcting him, to put downs, it gave most of us a upset stomach while eating.

One guest mentioned she did not usually eat overally sweet things at breakfast. Robin took this as an insult and became irritable towards this guest, telling them " You should have mentioned any food concerns" The guest tried to explain that they were only voicing their experience. It as if any comment that was not positive, was unacceptable. Not accomodating at all.

. I saw some guests ask Robin a question, which clearly furstrated her. She barked at them to wiat a while as she had no time. When Lew tried to assist the guest, Robin tole him that he did not know what he was talking about. This is embarrassing for the guests, to have Robin publicly humilate Lew. His face got red and he flushed. Not the atmosphere for a relaxing breakfast. Lew has some hearing loss, which makes this situation all the more unfortunate to witness.

I also did not feel that the breakfast routine was relaxed. It is right at eiight. We were on time, but others who were late were shown displeasure. You felt forced to eat everything or face questioning on why you didi not eat something. A few younger guests did not eat some fruit and were disapprovingly questioned on why they did not eat all their dish. One young boy asked for something additional. He pointed to some food in the kitchen area. He was told this food was for later and therer was noting additional for him to eat.

Good grief, let people enjpy their food. Stop the arguing with your partner. Stop the deep sighiing, as if the guest's very presence brings on overwhelming stress.Stop the slamming of pots and pans. I paid good money for this????

Stop all the silly little signs all over the place "Don't use the guest bathroom" " Don't toucj this" "Do not steal the soap basket" It made us feel asi if we were staying with our overlly critical , stuffy relatives that were obligated, but not happy, to have us stay with them. this is the kind of place where your behavior is regulated by the hosts. Lots of rules to follow.

Honestly, I could hardly wait to get away from this dynamic. I suggest the hosts hire more help, get some counseling and examine if they are realistically able to handle the responsiblities of a bed and breakfast.

\

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank meriem a
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

My wife and I brought our 3 teenage nephews with us to Idaho to go to Silverwood Amusement Park. We decided to stay at Log Spirit after doing some research on the internet. The internet did not do it justice. We were NOT disappointed one bit. Robin and Lew were amazing hosts and the grounds were to die for. The gardens, the waterfalls, and especially the rooms. We were a little worried about staying at a B & B with having 3 teenagers and no TV, but Robin and Lew were very helpful with this. We played games, sang with Lew, threw a football in the front yard, and spent great quality time with our family walking around the beautiful grounds. But I would not do any reviewers reading this any good if I didn't mention the amazing food that we ate while there. Again, having 3 teenagers, our concerns quickly went away when Robin assured us that she would help us in any way that we needed. Our time at Log Spirit was amazing and we can't we to go back next summer. We are looking forward to making this a yearly visit to Log Spirit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank uncledwa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athol
Stoneridge Resort
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Log Spirit Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!