“The service is excellent”

Cedar Mountain Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Athol B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Daryl and Al are very nice. Their homemade food is very yummy. My family has enjoyed the animals and being so close to Silverwood. We have been going their for 3 years after Hoopfest in Spokane. My 13year old son and 9 year old daughter love Cedar Mtn Farm.

• Stayed: July 2013
farmwife1, Owner at Cedar Mountain Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello 58702Lesley!
Oh, thank you. And we would so looking forward to having you again! What a blessing you are to us.
With honor,
Al and Daryl

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We spent a week at Cedar Mountain Lodge and experience gracious hospitality in several ways. Suggestions on where to go and what do were helpful. The air compressor was available to pump up a deflating boat trailer tire. The most meaningful expression was the lengths that Daryl and Al went through to accommodate Margie's food allergies and dietary limitations. She knew that she had been cared for.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan W
farmwife1, Owner at Cedar Mountain Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Alan W. What an honor to host you here! And I learned lots of helpful ways to deal with my own food allergies by cooking for your spouse! You picked the perfect time of year to find lots of peace and quiet, September! Hope we get to have you back again. Blessings, Al and Daryl

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I found Cedar Mtn farm when trying to figure out where to stay for our first trip to Silverwood with my husband and 13 year old son the last week of summer vacation. If you are looking for a location super close to Silverwood that feels like you are way out in the country with the most wonderful people - this is it.

When we arrived, Al gave us a great tour of their beautiful log home with all the wonderfully different rooms. He was even able to show us the separate log Bunkhouse as we were the first to arrive in their next group of guests. Other than the Bunkhouse, there aren't separate detached cabins (which I thought there might be from other trip adviser reviews). All the B&B rooms are within the large, multi-storied main log house (The Big House).

Daryl (Al's wife) helped me with a week's-worth of laundry as we had been tent camping for 3 days prior to arriving. They then gave us lots of space to get ourselves settled back into living indoors again.

We stayed in their downstairs rooms, Cedar & Red Barn, so my husband and I could have a room and our son could have his own room. Cedar is better for adults as Red Barn just has a bunk bed and double bed and not as many night stands for phone charging etc. There is a private bathroom to share for the two rooms. Al & Daryl's living quarters are downstairs as well so we felt rather a part of the family. The only thing that would have made it nicer would have been carpeted floors, but everything was clean and comfortable. There were space heaters in the bedrooms if needed and extra blankets, closet space, fans and lots of wonderful hot water for the shower :) The bathroom was really nice with storage space, etc. The towels were micro-fiber, which I'm personally not a big fan of, but were new and plentiful.

We were able to put our leftover camping food in one of their refrigerators and Al helped me with his BBQ so I was able to cook up some of our left-over camping food for dinner. The nicest treat of our visit was they asked us to join them for dinner so we all shared what we had prepared. They were waiting up for some other guests so we were able to hang out and talk with them for quite a while. That time was a highlight for me. I so appreciate being around such caring people.

They were flexible with breakfast time (within an hour) so we didn't feel unnecessary pressure. The food was delicious. We had make-your-own breakfast burritos that were really good one of the mornings. They also made some delicious smoothies while we were there.

I loved all the late-summer flowers and being cared for and pampered. My husband especially loved all the photo opportunities around their farm. My son loved watching the kitties play with each other, the rabbits, and the baby ducks.

Staying at Cedar Mtn Farm was a much better experience for our family than staying in a hotel. We plan on returning to Silverwood and will want to stay again at Cedar Mtn Farm. Two nights wasn't nearly enough.... and we miss our new friends Daryl & Al and their wonderful farm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, Trish246, for your thoughtful and thorough review. We look forward to having you back and hopefully for longer next time. Thanks also, for your kind words even though microfiber towels aren't your favorite. We switched from cotton because the washing and drying is "greener" than with terry towels. So glad the animals were fun. We have baby rabbits right now, but they are wild because of few guest kids to tame them! We do appreciate your kind review. Come back asap!
Blessings,
Al and Daryl

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Daryl and Al are superb hosts- gracious,very friendly and helpful. The log cabins are unique and a work of art. The farm surroundings with the animals, forests and grounds are calming and beautiful. Our accomodations were second to none.
All I can say is, this IS the place to go for a terrific vacation and a place to rest and recharge.
Oh...the food was skillfully prepared and succulent.....fresh from the garden!.
Thanks Daryl and Al for a great week......we'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and comfy.....any one will work.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you, RACcorvi. And we have the same thoughts of you...simply the best. Loved sharing meals together. Your recipes have helped me again and again. Please stop by again and again and again. Blessings, Al and Daryl

Reviewed September 13, 2013

There are not too many places in this world where you can walk into someone's house as a stranger and leave as a friend but when you stay at Cedar Mountain Farms B&B this is exactly the experience you will have. This was our second year of staying with Al and Darly at their beautiful farm and we couldn't wait to arrive. We were greeted with their always welcoming smiles and shown to our room which was ready, even though we arrived earlier than expected. Though most of our day was spent at Silverwood, we were all anxious to return to the farm that evening. As usual, fresh baked cookies were ready on the table which makes my 6 year old the happiest boy in the world. He stilled remembered Daryl's shortbread cookies from last year!! The breakfasts' are out of this world, 3 courses to include fruit, something freshly baked, and then eggs and sausage or bacon. What a treat. On the farm you can wander the property petting rabbits, admiring the sunflower garden, herd sheep, or simply sit on the porch and enjoy the beauty that surrounds the property. It is simply the best hidden gem out there. I cannot say enough about the level of hospitatlity and the warmth that surrounds this place. If you are looking for the most amazing, serene, and inviting place to stay, look no further.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I have been lucky enough to stay at Cedar mountain Farm twice. The last time we brought 2 sets of Grandparents and my niece and nephew too and everyone loved the experience. Daryl and Al are kind and accommodating and you really feel at home there. The beds are comfortable and the breakfast will be one of the highlights of your stay. If you are visiting Silverwood, Cedar Mountain Farm is just up the road, but you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. The kids loved all the farm animals and went to collect eggs daily. Both times we have visited there have been baby kittens that we all loved too. Do not pass up the chance to experience this beautiful place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was looking for interesting things to do with my 11-year-old granddaughter on our adventure road trip, and Cedar Mountain Farm B&B popped up, with reviewers talking about the animals, the food, the homey atmosphere, etc. Since critters are always a highlight for us, I made arrangements to stay one night, making it a destination instead of simply a sleepover spot. Imagine my surprise when I got a personal email confirmation of our reservation - when does THAT happen? A week before we were due to arrive, here came another personal email to make sure we were still on schedule. From the start, we were made to feel like family. Daryl dropped what she was doing to show us all the critters, barns, etc., when she found out we were critter people. Al had plenty to do but seemed to be thoroughly happy answering questions and chatting with us.
Al and Daryl have managed to make the farm one of those places that's orderly and efficient yet allows for an animal or plant's individual tendencies. It's in a beautiful setting, and the gardens in early Aug. were riotous with veggies and flowers (my granddaughter was allowed to pick and eat as many raspberries as she wanted) but they weren't manicured into stiff formality. There were frozen treats for guests to help themselves and some sort of yummy baked treat toward late afternoon. Every effort was made (seemingly effortlessly) to make us comfy without hovering. Breakfast was an all-guests-around-the-table affair and was excellent for vegetarians and non. (Plus an inquiry if anyone had food allergies, etc., so their meal could be adjusted accordingly.) Lots of wonderful food, fresh and freshly cooked - with good cheer. Beds were truly comfy (stuffed animals on the twin!), the room was airy and fresh, and the bathroom was spotless, There was a library upstairs with plenty of good reading material to suit just about anyone who wanted to grab a book and sit on the porch in a rocker contemplating the scenery between chapters. And then after we said good-bye to all the critters one last time and headed out, we received a personal e-card of thanks from Daryl and Al. If you want truly comfortable accommodations, beautiful surroundings and genuinely nice hosts, make this a stop. Good for families and good for the solo traveler as well.

Room Tip: The Forest Room is roomy!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cedar Mountain Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!