“Great day of Fun, Relaxation & Adrenaline rushes!!!”

Silverwood Theme Park
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Athol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in beautiful North Idaho, Silverwood Theme Park has over 65 rides, slides, shows and attractions, including four roller coasters, Boulder Beach Water Park, a steam engine train, live entertainment, restaurants, and more...
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A super balance of amusement park rides, including high intensity roller coaster rides and relaxing on the lazy river in the water park. Fun in the sun for all ages. Great food & the ice cream scoops are Ginormous!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,193)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"thrill seekers"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited in July for two days and spent one in the waterpark and the other in the theme park side. They charge five dollars for parking which I thought was very reasonable and there was no lineup to enter the park when we arrived on a Thursday at 1030. The waterpark could use more shaded areas, so arrive early if you want your choice of lounge chairs.

Plenty to do here in the waterpark, there were no lineups at the best attractions if you go first thing in the morning. Spending the afternoon in the wave pools was great as they filled with people but there was still lots of room for all.

The food was typical greasy fattening large-portioned American theme park food. However, they weren't charging a lot for it, and I was able to get a very fresh salad at the Mexican restaurant.

There was something for everyone on the theme park side and don't miss the excellent free magic show/pizza dinner. The park is small enough that we let our 12 year olds roam free and were not concerned about them. It was nice to leave the theme park side for a quick dip in the waterpark in the afternoon so bring swim stuff each day and there are lockers to hold your things for clothing changes.

Definitely worth a visit. We drove from Kelowna and stayed in Farragut State Park campground so the trip was very inexpensive. We go to Disneyland every few years so if you love theme parks, this is a cheap but quality experience for a fraction of the cost. The grounds were also clean and well manicured, although they don't have the Disney characters of course.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Family and I sent one Friday in July at this park. It's about a 45 minute haul from the Spokane area so plan accordingly. We had read previous TA reviews so that helped prepare us for our day. Park opens at 11AM. We arrived and paid our 5 dollars for parking at 10:30. Walked straight into the park where they "sort of" checked out bags and entered the park early with our pre paid tickets that we got online. Google Silverwood discount codes to see if you can get a discount. We were able to save 10 dollars a ticket using the discount code "Summer"....
Once we walked through (not wait at the gate and open early).... To our surprise the water park was already operating. We got our Locker (7 dollars) and found a spot in the shade by the second wave pool. Keep in mind the sun moves, so what starts in the shade may not end in it unless you get a great spot behind a tree like we did. You have the option of renting some tubes. You don't have to and tubes are provided but if it is busy they will run out and then you'll be waiting. If your day is set up to be on the lazy river or riding the slides with tubes, it would be worth renting your own. The Water Park was great until about 1pm, and then it was PACKED...We were glad we arrived early, and could do some of the slides with little to no wait early on. Food is a great price for a theme park and I would encourage you to get the refillable cup. Keep in mind you need to have a wrist band on they they give you when you buy the cup to refill it later, so plan tactically as to who gets the wrist band. They have an adults only bar by the wave pool (three drink minimum per day) that stayed busy most of the day. If you have a good water shoe I would suggest wearing them in the water park, especially if it is HOT. Our feet were pretty beat up by the end of our four hours......

We changed our clothes and left our swim stuff in the locker and left for the theme park at around 4 and spent the second half of the day in the theme park. Fun times, with very short lines in the evening...longest we waited was 15 minutes. We didn't get in to see the 7pm magic show as it was sold out , so a bit bummed on that..I hear it is really good. We enjoyed the train ride as a good transition between the two parks (leaves at the top of each hour). Rode many rides, and did the river water ride last....YOU WILL GET WET....if we had done this better, maybe doing this in our swim suits would have been better, but they have signs that say swim suits not allowed in the theme park, although we saw folks wearing them all over the place.

We really enjoyed our day the park. One day was fine for us, but I could see stretching it to two if that is what you wanted to do. I am guessing mid week would be way better than a weekend, but it was the only day that worked for us. If you have not been, you should go..we really enjoyed our 11 hours at the park!

3  Thank Donald D
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our third year visiting Silverwood. We went 3 days this time because the water park is so amazing and a very fun and refreshing place to be on a super hot day. The Lazy River is my favorite and the wave pools seem to be the most fun or my kids. Lounging around in a lounger by the wave pool is a relaxing way to spend a couple of vacation days too!

The amusement park side is okay. I love the thrill rides, my family does not, but there's something for everyone over there. I do not like the games that give out the stupid rubber balls though! Who wants to carry that around all day?

I love that they are now allowing water and SMALL snacks in the park, although their food is pretty good really, and prices are reasonable. There is a decent pizza place (where they have the magic show) that serves a large 2 topping pizza, bread sticks w/marinara and 4 fountain drinks or $25. That was a good deal for a family lunch!

I found that the AAA rates are better than what most hotels offer for the discount tickets.

I can't wait to go back next summer!