“Tasty Burger and Excellent French Fries”
Review of Big Juds

Big Juds
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Ashton
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is one of those places I'd recommend if you want a good hamburger that comes in an ample size to satisfy the most demanding appetite. My wife and I split their big burger (she doesn't eat the bun nor fries whenever we order a burger) and it was more than we could handle. Even though our grand kids were with us we were unable to finish the tater tots that came with our order and the french fries they ordered.

Here's what causes my rating to take a serious hit. The restaurant is run by kids who work pretty hard but without any visible adult supervision. The dining area is very dirty with fries, napkins and other food particles on the floor awaiting the next customer to dodge and step over. The service is disorganized and slow if it is crowded at all because it seems the help lacks an experienced manager on duty for guidance and direction.

Although we were seated fairly quickly it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive after we took our seats. But, the food was tasty and we will return albeit on a less busy night. Just a heads up re the slow service and lack of cleanliness.

There are newer reviews for Big Juds

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

As always the food is good. Love to stop by here a d rarely miss an opportunity to eat here when I go through Ashton. Usually get the mushroom burger. Got the bacon cheeseburger this time and it was good but the bun was a little dry. Fries and tots were good. Overall above average. Just a good place to come and relax with a good, but not great meal. Would recommend at least once to try it.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

chose this place because there was parking space for my motorhome and tow car. Wanted a quick greasy burger. We were very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the service was a little slow as they had 1 waitress and 1 cook but both were busy and trying hard. The hamburger was excellent and the fries were great. We ordered a small order to share and it was about the size of 2 or 3 supersize fries at fast food places and as we were in the middle of Idaho potato country, they were fresh and cooked perfectly. We couldn't eat it all and we got the small burger (they have one that is about 12 inches across and about a pound). They came with mayo, ketchup, pickles, onions, and lettuce. The fry sauce was delicious and we left full and happy. This cost us $10 for the 2 of us. Great buy and we will stop here whenever the opportunity arrises.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just a stop for lunch, but we had some GREAT burgers!! Couldn't eat a whole one all alone. Nice service, too. I would definitely go back here the next time I am in the area.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Let's be honest, the food at Big Juds isn't going to take home first prize in a competition held in any major US metropolitan area. But, in my view, the down-home, small town USA, 100% genuine customer service at a place like this, combined with, I'll call it "pretty dang good" food, makes Big Juds a place I will revisit every time I have the pleasure of being in the area. The same factors make me excited to one day take my kids there when they're older. Oh...and save room for the ice cream, because if I could write a rating on the ice cream a lone I would give it 5 stars. SOOO good!

Been to Big Juds? Share your experiences!