“A Fly-Fishing Trip that rivals a Trip to France”
Review of Three Rivers Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashton
Three Rivers Ranch
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After several fishing trips including one guided, I was ready to stop accompanying my husband. I not only caught my first dry-fly fish, but more than I could count on our 5 day adventure (including a 19" brown). Our guide, Cliff, was not only knowledgeable in the art of fishing, but pointed out flora and fauna we would have missed. The cabin was perfectly appointed, including bath salts and aloe, which thankfully we didn't need. The food was exceptional - fresh baked goods daily (cinnamon rolls and Dutch oven peach cobbler to die for), not to mention lamb, ribeye steaks, and pork tenderloin. We took the overnight trip on the South Fork of the Snake and can't recommend it more highly. What's better than being serenaded to sleep by an owl and waking to view an osprey across the river? Breakfast, lunch, cocktails before dinner - my idea of 'roughing' it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RHKoller
There are newer reviews for Three Rivers Ranch

Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you want a great fly fishing experience this is the place to go! This was my first time so I didn't know what to expect. The Ranch is first class with comfortable rooms, great food, exceptional service and spectacular location(right on the Warm River). The staff was particularly helpful. I had no equipment and they took great care of me. In the end, I bought a rod and reel. They took the rental price off of the cost, so I fished with my new rod for the last day. Great fun and a good deal.
The owner Lonnie and her staff are very helpful and accommodating. One of our guys didn't arrive til late, so a staff member waited up til two in the morning to greet him.
It is not cheap, but if you want a great experience with outstanding guides and lots of fish, this is your place. The new fly shop is open and fully stocked. If it is not there, they will get it from their other store
Don't miss the overnight on the South Fork of the Snake River. They have a luxury camp site with comfortable cots and large tents. The camp food was excellent and the guides stories hilarious. Great overall experience. I will be back.

Room Tip: Get one with a River view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RobKnapp
Reviewed January 31, 2009

If you love fly-fishing, incredible scenery, comfortable and clean accomodations, fantastic food and amazing hospitality then do yourself a favor and book some time at Three Rivers Ranch.

I visited with my Dad for a father/son fishing trip in early July. We spent a week at the ranch that seemed to pass to quickly. We stayed in one of the two bedroom cabins that is steps from Robinson Creek, where you can easily pull some small and not so small brookies out of. The beds were incredibly soft and comfortable, and the bathrooms had recently been re-done. If you're familiar with staying at fishing lodges, you know that you don't go for the accomodations usually. This place, though, is one of the nicer lodges I've ever seen or visited. You're definitely not roughin it by staying in one of these cabins. There is even a turn down service at night and a chocolate on your pillow, who has ever heard of that at a fishing lodge?! I don't know if all of the cabins have recently been re-done, however, so you should ask when booking.

The cabins are a very short walk away from the main lodge where we would gather every morning for breakfast, and then again after a day on the water for drinks and then dinner. The bar in the lodge is self serve, so you are free to make up any drink or cocktail you'd like, whenever you'd like. The food was really pretty terrific our entire time there. And the service of the staff, and the proprietor Lonnie are top notch. The property has been in her family for many many years and with many many repeat guests year after year she's doing something right.

They were also building a new fly shop while we were there which I'm sure is now complete. It looked to be about 5 times the size of the old fly shop and I'm sure will be stocked with all kinds of goodies for next season.

The fishing was very good. We fished the Henry's Fork a few days and the South Fork a couple days. You fish from very comfortable drift boats, and we found the guides to all be very knowledgeable and friendly. Weather was perfect, 75-80 degrees and sunny, except for the last day which was overcast. Didn't ruin our fun though as on our last day on the South Fork we must have landed 40 fish including a few whoppers, and they included rainbows, brookies and browns.

This was one of the best trips and places I've visited, so if you're into fly fishing and want a great all around experience out west I'd highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank bullet78

Been to Three Rivers Ranch? Share your experiences!