“If you have to skydive, can't think of a better place...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #132 of 477 Tours in Oahu
Markham, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you have to skydive, can't think of a better place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is my second time Tandem Skydiving (first being near Toronto) and obviously the view of Hawaii is hard to beat! My friends and I chose the 14000ft drop (longer free fall). I booked the earliest possible time because I read on other reviews of the wait time that can happen. (We waited a bit, mostly to have more favourable jump conditions ie. weather). I truly believe that your safety comes first at this facility. (My friend weighed over the 240lb maximum and denied him the jump. Although, I will say that having the scale in front of everyone is a little disconcerting.) My friends and I opted for the pictures and video (I decided not to get them the first time skydiving and totally regretted it). I know that this option is pricey, but hey most of us are only going to do this once in our lives (just to cross off your bucket list)! My instructor and cameraman weren't much on the entertaining side. (With my first skydive, the instructor was quite funny and made the experience that much more enjoyable.) But, the instructor was probably the most experienced jumper there (especially when you jump and land barefoot!) Always grateful to land uninjured and alive...so can't really complain. My friends' instructors and cameramen were very funny and made my friends' a bit more relaxed. I will say that I was extremely nauseous with this second jump (I figure it was because of the wind and the rapid turns we made to get us quickly aligned with the landing site...not really the fault of the instructors.) My friends were also nauseous as well. One threw up in the washroom and the other (as well as myself) did some dry heaving...but soon after felt much better! My friends and I will never ever forget this experience, just as it should be! TIP: There is a long questionnaire/waiver (about 7 pages long) that you must fill out on their laptop. Make sure to bring ID with you, eg. passport or driver's licence, and full contact information for 2 emergency contacts (eg. full mailing address and phone numbers). I almost got stumped by these.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rochele V

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Terrifying!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The actual skydive was the most terrifying thing I have ever done! My instructor and the photographer were both brilliant, talking me through what to do and trying to allay my fears. It was also very quick from arriving and registering to actually jumping which was great, less time for the nerves to build. However after the jump we then had to wait 4 hours to get the van back to Waikiki. That totally ruined the day, I was on my own and wanted to get back and tell my family all about it but we just had to sit and wait around, a real waste of my time.

Visited June 2013
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Long Wait and Don't Weigh Too Much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I waited to jump for almost 3 hours. The customer service is slow and disinterested. I was five pounds over their limit and they announced it to the whole group and I was left behind while everyone else ran out to the plane. I thought they could have told me their weight restrictions at the scale and not wait until time for the jump. Not very nice people and very inconsiderate. The facilities are crowded and although I didn't get a chance to jump I still say their attitude and inconsideration deserves a bad review.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank WadeEric
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Long wait, short customer service, but still a thrill!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The skydive itself was amazing. There is no better view than looking down over the shores of the Oahu. Our tandem jumpers were nice (mine a little weird) but nice nonetheless. We opted for pictures ($) and both photographers were SUPER nice and both happened to be from where we live!

My complaint is with the organization and extremely long wait! We didn't jump until several hours after our jump time and no one seemed to care much. It ate up our entire day, which wasn't ideal. But in retrospect, we aren't too upset about it.

I would also like to comment on the professionalism of the tandem instructor when his and my husband's parachute failed. I watched the whole thing from above and he had to cut the chute and use the emergency back up. He managed to keep my husband calm (who was a little iffy about the whole thing to begin with). I do, however, think that some compensation would have been nice from a customer service stand point. Due to the emergency chute having to be used the main goal was safety and just getting to the ground, which is fine, but my husband didn't get to do anything cool like steer, turn, enjoy the scenery due to just needing to get down.

Overall, skydiving is worth the thrill to do at least once!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Jamers05
O'Fallon, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“DO IT!! Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was my very first time skydiving and my fiance's second (his first time was here as well, many years ago.) Neither of us had a single complaint! The experience is amazing, there's nothing in this world like it. Both of us raved about how awesome our instructors were. I was also impressed by the fact that they had us in, up, down, and out in just under an hour. I fully expected this to take up a full half day of our vacation. My ONLY regret was my own fault... I should have gotten the pictures.

Visited June 2013