Tripadvisor

from $191.00
from $179.00
from $99.00
More Info
All reviews heavenly hana airport shuttle service roberts tours shared shuttle road to hana norwegian cruise knowledgeable tour guide private tour waimea canyon rental car rogers driver ogg hawaii stops scenery journey
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

While it was a long day, it was a beautiful day. The weather was amazing so we were able to go through the "forbidden zone" which has that name for a reason! There were times where the bus just fit through some of the bridges, but its part of the historic charm. The road does have a lot of switch backs, so if you are someone who can get nausea easily, be prepared with Dramamine or ginger to aid you. Make sure you put your phone on airplane mode as you most likely won't have service. Have a fully charged phone because you will want to take all of the pictures!

Our tour guide was Bjorn and he was great! Out of all the tours we took during our trip through the islands, he was the best. He was hilarious and was a good driver. He also wanted to get to know his passengers and have us know who we were riding with because you're together all day on a bus.

10/10 would recommend.

1  Thank Jrinkel
Reviewed January 5, 2020

My husband and I were celebrating our 40th Anniversary and decided on a 2 week trip. 1 week in Oahu and 1 week Maui. My bucket list has a Road to Hana trip on it. Our tour guide was Bjorn Erlandson with Robert’s Hawaii. What a awesome tour guide and tour. Bjorn had a bundle of knowledge of the area. The views were like no other. This tour EXCEEDED my expectations!!! Nancy’s banana bread was absolutely wonderful! The photo ops Bjorn gave us were spectacular!! Thank you Bjorn for helping me check that off my bucket list!!

1  Thank smrandall12
GKMIV, Manager at Roberts Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Aloha Smrandall,
Thank you for your brilliant review. What a wonderful compliment about your experience with Bjorn and the photo opportunities. I'll make sure Bjorn and his manager get a copy of your review.
George

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

This was a long day, but a wonderful experience to travel along the loop without worrying about driving it by yourself. Tai was the driver and he was great and made sure safety was the top priority. We had plenty of restroom breaks and stops to buy snacks or drinks, even stopped at a fresh coconut stand. The weather was nice and we were able to stop at a park that had a nice black sand beach to eat lunch. I would happily recommend Roberts Hawaii to my family and friends and would book another tour with them.

GKMIV, Manager at Roberts Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Aloha Jenlv81,
Mahalo for your compliments and wonderful review. Our Heavenly Hana Tour is a popular tour and we appreciate you sending in your review. I'll also pass ou your review to Tai and his manager.
George

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We were unable to get our rental car when we arrived so decided to take this recommended shuttle to our condo and back. At no point after booking where we advised that there would be no Roberts staff on site at the airport. We were greeted with a sign that simply told us to go to the taxi rank where we were met with a foul tempered dispatcher. Given the enormous number of flights arrive in the evening from the west coast of the US, Roberts not staffing after 7 PM doesn’t seem a very good business model. I realize it was Christmas day but a warmer Hawaiian welcome would’ve been appreciated. We then queued with many other arrivals in the regular taxi rank and again were met with a less than warm welcome from the taxi driver when he realized we had a chit for a prepaid shuttle.

We had to shuttle back to the airport the following day and our Roberts driver was warm, welcoming, and open with recommendations. Had we experienced the same upon arriving this review may have been very different. I suspect their shuttle service is a business opportunity to drive more visitors to their tours and excursions.

Date of experience: December 2019
GKMIV, Manager at Roberts Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Aloha Elliae08,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies regarding your arrival experience. I'm investigating what happened on that day. Again, thank you for bring this experience to my attention. Also, I'm happy that your shuttle return experience was what we strive for.

Reviewed November 16, 2019

We both had a great time in Maui, especially the Hana tour on Oct, 23. Anyone going to Maui should try to get a trip with this guy, “Bjorn” lots of knowledge and great communicator also he really looks out for all the passengers and include everyone in.

George & Monsinee

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank RabbitOx
GKMIV, Manager at Roberts Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Aloha George and Monsinee,
Thank you for your wonderful review and compliment. I'll make sure that Bjorn and his manager get your compliment.