“Burn me once, shame on you... Burn me twice, shame on me!”
Review of RB's Black Angus Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
RB's Black Angus Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Burn me once, shame on you... Burn me twice, shame on me!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

First visit here was a disaster! However, it was in October of 2011. My husband and I visited and we ordered food. It literally took over 2 hours for our food to arrive. When it did, my order was WRONG! My salad was a wilted quarter of a head of lettuce. The chicken that came, of which I ordered a steak, Haha, smelled almost rotten or something. The "manager" didn't even offer to take it back or correct the issue and instead blamed me and said I must have ordered incorrectly. We were floored. Nothing was removed from our bill. Neither my husband nor I could even eat our food because of the quality. We had to pay the bill because we were threatened and we left. Well, here I go, February of 2014. I was going to go to Maui Brew next door but they were slammed and I saw a sign next door for a sirloin steak special. Here I go, thinking that it has "had" to have changed by now. Plus, I'm flying solo and shouldn't have to wait very long. I walk right up to the hostess and ask for a table and I'm told it's a minimum 30 minute wait but there isn't even anyone in there. Tables open galore! Only the bar is slightly busy. So, I ask about sitting there and she says that I can and that there is no wait. I sit at a booth and I wait... and wait.... and wait.... The female bartender doesn't give me a second glance. Men came in and she assisted them, very quickly. More men walked in.... assisted again. I decided to go sit AT the bar instead. Then I wait... and wait... and wait.... Same story, different location. This time two "local" women and a man come in, literally sit right next to me and are assisted immediately. She knew their names and they were chatting up a storm. After 35 minutes of this (yes, I really wanted a steak and a baked potato), I go back to the hostess and tell her my situation. Her response? "Well, I told you we are super busy and I can put your name on the list. It will be at least a 30 minute wait!" Needless to say, I walked out of there, without a word. Just floored. Black Angus corporate should pull the plug on this location ASAP.

• Visited February 2014

Kahului, Hawaii
“Awful, overpriced...should be shut down”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Terrible! Laughable!
--"dinner roll" served on lovely breadboard w/cup of butter: it was not fresh or warm!
--petite filet mignon...anorexic, tiny, short (as in not thick or tall), tasted like regular steack, which I suspect it was. Size of a thick slice of tomato!'
--bok choi vegetable...inedible...it was rotten and limp before they over cooked it! LOLOL
--$10 glass of the recommended wine with my steak...Pinot Noir...are you ready for this? SERVED CHILLED. I thought I was losing my mind. I even googled Pinot Noir to make sure I was correct that it should be served at room temp...I was right...when she came back (I was never asked how my food was...she'd probably learned not to ask questions you don't want the answer to) I said, "I was surprised that the Pinot was served chilled" Her: "Oh it's not chilled" Me: Really? The glass is covered with condensation...I've had chardonnay's served perfectly and they were warmer" Her, "She likes to serve them 'at wine cellar temps'" Me: This came out of the fridge, and she doesn't have any business decanting $10 glasses of wine. Her: I'll get you one more at room temperature (she comes back with a glass that is merely cold and not icey, LOLOL!)
--butter for bread (it was sourish...it had 'gone over'"
--baked potato, LOLOL...also apparently petite! The butter AND sour cream had 'gone over' and should never have been served.
-I was simply starving, having had a Kale/Macadamia/Blue Cheese salad for lunch...and I ate everything except the rotten piece of Bok Choi, and I left very hungry!

My meal was $29 and I tipped 20% for a total of $36 for one person at 5 pm on a Friday...so much for my date night out with myself.

These people are only keeping their doors open because of tourists who think the name Black Angus, formerly a great brand in California, will be good. Tourists don't need to come back for you to make your money off them. Too bad! Please don't eat here.

(Oh, the prime rib...it looked awful. The table across from me ordered it and although she had claimed she was 'starving' she ate very little of it and they asked her to take it away...didn't even wrap it up into a go box! I guess their dogs are back at home while they are on vacation.

• Visited March 2014
Maple Ridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This little restaurant is absolutely a gem! Had we gone earlier in our trip, we would have gone more than once! Spectacular food and great dinner deals! AND happy hour!

Visited February 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“It may look like a good idea but just don't”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wen't one night and sat in the bar... sat there for a few minutes and waited for ANYONE to ask if I wanted a drink... nothing. So I went next door to the Maui Brewing Co. which was awesome.

I still thought it might be good so I went back with my wife another night and the food really wasn't that good. We were told a 10 minute wait at the front door even though the restaurant was half full. The service wan't that great and the food was not good for the price you pay. Just don't go... it's not worth it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SaskSneeze
Kimberly, ID
“Horrible service!!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a reservation at 6:30. Did not receive our meals until 8:00. We had a party of 6. Five meals were delivered after a long wait. The last meal arrived 15 minutes after the others. The waitress said the long wait was due to the rainy weather and they were "slammed" yet when you looked around the restaurant, there were many empty tables. Despite the long wait, our waitress did not check back to check our drinks or to see if we needed anything. My sister's steak was served RARE despite her request for medium well. The steak and fries were cold. My meal was good, but not good enough to justify the wait and the poor service. No offer was made to discount or comp a meal even though one had to be sent back and we had to wait for the other. I would not go back!

• Visited January 2014