“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Food was ok, expensive tho. Staff was good. It was quiet and we got right in. Sorry we didn't eat in a brighter restaurant beings how we were in Maui.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food and service was excellent. The staff friendly and the music was very great. The table sizes were large enough for family and comfortable.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It's not very often that I am forced to offer up a negative review, but this one is unavoidable.
Our group of five (5) decided to give RB's a try one night because it was conveniently located to where we were staying. We had high hopes, remembering the location was a former Outback Steakhouse. Upon entering, we were greeted by a nice lady who, for no explainable reason, simply seemed out of place. After entering the steakhouse you can't help but notice the add-on sushi bar to the right. Again, it simply seemed out of place. The restaurant was not busy this particular evening so we sat down to enjoy a nice peaceful dinner. Our waiter was a very nice gentleman who was attentive throughout our dinner, and was the highlight of our experience. We ordered the prime rib special since it was one of the more reasonably priced items offered. The food way just okay, not what I would expect from a restaurant calling itself, principally, a "Steakhouse". It was the type of prime rib I would expect from a restaurant specializing in fish or Italian cuisine. The name, the interior layout, the decor, and the menu offerings simply added up to an identity crisis. Please don't misunderstand my review! Nothing was terrible, I just expected a better overall experience for the amount of money everything ended up costing. Sadly, I left the restaurant wondering if they would still be in business the next time I get to enjoy Maui...

1  Thank yitsonlyme
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! The lady who greeted us on arrival was so polite and friendly. Our server was so attentive. The food was pretty good. They had a couple of good specials the night we went, which were steak and shrimp for $14.95, which my children and I ordered, and prime rib for $19.95, which my husband ordered. They bring out this most amazing hot bread that is made on site daily...and it is soooo wonderful. The steak was a teeny bit tough, but nicely flavored, cooked to our specifications. The sides for the steak and shrimp were garlic mashed potatoes and bok choy. The mashed potatoes had the slight flavor of instant potatoes, not a big deal, though. The sides for the prime rib were loaded baked potato and bok choy. My husband had that and really enjoyed it. I do not recommend the pineapple upside down cake. It was $8 and I have had much better Sara Lee from the freezer case, plus it was very little in size. I didn't give 5 stars for the atmosphere only because the music was a bit loud for my taste. Other than that, the ambience was nice. All in all, this was a great value for the money, and I honestly don't remember when I have received such amazing service from a server. I wish I could remember his name so I could recognize him here. We would definitely go here again.