“Maui Dive Shop”
Review of Maui

Maui
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I did a two tank dive with the Maui Dive Shop November 14, 2013. When we got onto the boat around 6:45 AM they had scramble eggs and bacon plus fruits. Skip breakfast if you go. The first dive was at Molokini Reef. Fantastic--100 ft. visibility with lots and lots of colorful fish. Plus the coral reef is still alive and doing great. The crew Mark (cpt) and divemasters Rodman, Cat, Cris were extremely helpful. Assorted snacks after the first tank and lunch after the last dive. You cannot go wrong with this company.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Absolutely best tour on Maui. Hiked through rain forest and saw nature at its best. Had lunch at the waterfalls, it was so serene. Our guide, Eddie made our hike most memorable and will always remember it as the best day on Maui.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from Maui, where I took side trips to the islands of Lana'i and Malokai. Didn't get to see as much of Maui as I'd hoped due to government shutdown of national parks. We had scheduled an eight hour tour of the island including the summit of Haleaklala. Obviously this was cancelled so we regrouped. I took a ferry to Lana'i where I spent the day at a lovely beach. There were few people, the water was beautiful and it is reputed that dolphins and turtles come to this beach. The turtles sun themselves in the sand and the dolphins frolic in the shelter of this cove. None arrived the day I was there, but it was a quiet, relaxing visit. Two days later we boarded a ferry for a two hour trip to the island of Malokai. The residents of this island don't want any outsiders to move there. We visited a macadamia farm and a leper colony. The coastline of this colony is spectacular. Our tour took us through the island. There is no road leading around the island, so you travel as far as you can and then turn around and return to where you started. You travel through typical Hawai'ian foliage, to barren land to what reminded me of my home state of NJ. The residents planted scrub pine, Scotch pine and Norfolk pine as buffers against the strong tradewinds which were destroying crops. Alll in all it was a very interesting trip and I would recommend it. Lahaina, Maui, is typically touristy, but nice just the same. We traveled by trolley and bus to get around. We stayed at the Hyatt Maui Resort and Spa which is a lovely hotel. It is under renovation, but the noise and construction are not noticable.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went there for a conference. I had three free days to look around. The place is so beautiful and I can do a lot of things there: diving, fishing, watching shows, etc. The food price is reasonable and the food quality is good. I was very happy with it and I am planning to visit this place again when I get a vacation. It will worth it.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Last year we stayed in Maui for a week last year. It is a lovely Island, although it was very windy all the time we were there. We stayed in a Condo on the Golf Course at Kaanapali Beach across from a great shopping centre 'The Whalers' and the beach with all the big resorts.
We drove on pretty much every road on the Island, even the very narrow one around the top of the Island (don't think we were supposed to be on it). When we got to the top there is a lovely shop/gallery where you can buy T-Shirts "I survived the Road" - that says it all!
The Hanna Road gets all the good reports, but is very winding, narrow and nowhere to stop a lot of the time to take pictures of the beautiful views. We were advised to take a packed lunch, but except for a couple of stops at the Arborium (lovely) and waterfall, we got to Hanna at lunchtime and found a beautiful hotel. I don't know if you have to fly in to stay there, as you wouldn't want to drive the road too often they way some others drive.
The best drive we did there was to the Volcano National Park to see the Haleakala Crater. Absolutely amazing but windy up there, one of the most interesting Volcanoes we have been to (although dormant). Better than the one on the Big Island.
The best snorkelling spot that we went to is at Honolua Bay, a drive north of Kaapalani Beach. Black rock is well known, accessible, but not as good. On the other side near Wailea, Makena Bay is also quite good with the odd turtle around.
A lovely shopping centre at Wailea. Lahinia Town has lots of good restaurants and interesting art and craft shops along with the tourist ones.