“Maui”
Review of Maui

Maui
Reviewed September 5, 2013

What a friendly place whenever we stoped to look at a map someone would stop and help us. We found eating out really cheap compared to NZ and the Kihei cafe ultra friendly. Lahaina so much fun especially the art galleries you get handed vino as you enter maybe before noon and are seated in comfy couhes to view Picasso and Miro's paintings without snobby judgement like so many other galleries worldwide. The shopping malls in Makawau are quite surreal with waterfalls, each shop has its own feel. Paia to go surfing or just watch the waves treat, amazing health food shop in Paia called Mana. Get around in a convertible, scooter or bike that way you will smell the flowers. We went out kayaking in crystal clear waters and found lots of white floating flowers on the water. I left thinking to go back for a 3 montth stint next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in Maui for 8 days in August 2013. It was beautiful. However, very expensive. The beaches are very nice. Please rent a car to be able to see all Maui. Make sure to take a trip to Hana. Its a long trip, but worth the ride as you see beautiful water falls. Me and my husband, went all around when we went to Hana. Many people turn back after the 7 pools as that say its dangerous to drive after that point. It's true that is a dirt road and lots of curves, but is not as bad as they say and its worth the experience. However, make sure you leave no later then 3:30-4:00pm from the 7 pools as I would not recommend going down that road while is dark.

Make sure you visit Da Kitchen Restaurant near the airport. Delicious Hawaiian food... Love. Also make you have ice cream at the Lahaina strip- is really good.
I was staying at Ka'anapali and it was beautiful. That is about 50 minutes from the airport (OGG). It is very easy to get around- take a map and you literally will not get lost.

There are many activities to do- my favorite activity was biking ridding down Haleakala Mountains- it was amazing.
Overall, I had a great time in Maui.

2  Thank IVP23
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Lots to do and also do nothing. My daughter learned to surf there and we did just about everything possible.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We recently visited Maiu for a ten day vacation. We took two surfing lessons at Goofy Foot Surfing School in Lahaina. The instructors were helpful, patient and wonderful to our family. My 9 year old daughter got up on her first try and, by the second lesson, she was doing tricks. The photos they took and burned onto a disc for us were very well done and they caught my daughter in a series of successive photos, leaping in the air and turning around on the board. I would recommend Goofy Foot highly.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

After an exceptionally long winter in Saskatchewan it was great to spend 2 weeks in the sun on Maui. Swam with sea turtles and a pod of spinner dolphins, that just happened to come into the bay we were swimming and a wild boar while on a hike. Great vacation!