“Maui 7 night vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Maui 7 night vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My mom and i had always wanted to go to Hawaii. So when my dad passed away he left money for my two brothers and I to take mom!! This was very exciting! My brother had been to all the islands and he liked Maui best so off we went. My other brother did a wonderful itinerary that included something everyday!! We stayed in the Banyon Condominium in LeHigh. Very friendly town. The condo ran $1600 for a week. Not too bad for 4 people to share. There were four beds, one master bedroom and another bedroom with two queen beds and a nice hide a bed. The kitchen was huge and the living room was very roomy and comfortable. Had a washer and dryer in the bathroom area. The lanai (patio) was nice and very big. We could see the ocean from there. So beautiful.....nice for our evening nightcap!! Food was bought at Costco by the airport and was more affordable to eat breakfast and lunch in our condo. Evening meals were scheduled at wonderful restaurants. Mamas fish house, Chinese, pizza pie, steak and Mahi, Mahi. Wonderful restaurants!! We took the helicopter ride, saw the volcano crater, outdoor aquarium, pineapple farm tour, watched windsurfers. There is also surfing lessons, snorkelling for the active!! The Lahina luau was amazing. Shopping in Kehei was affordable at the markets. Found wonderful plumeria soaps hand made, jewelry, souvenirs for hats, t shirts and wooden carvings. All great prices. Would love to go back. So relaxing but enough to do there to make it fun,,,,,

Visited January 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Maui Motorbike Rental”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My colleague and I rented a Harley each from Eagle Rider to ride up to the volcano crater.

It took us about 2 hours to reach the top of the crater (from the Sheraton Maui) and it was certainly a memorable experience. There is quite a bit of highway riding, but the speed limits in Maui are generally a relaxed 45 mph, and not too much traffic.

I am used to having full protective gear (body armour, helmet etc), but I did not see anyone in Maui with anything more than jeans and a t-shirt, so take your own gear if you anticipate a ride (and want some protection). They did provide a helmet, but it was next to useless. The number of motorbike accidents in Hawaii hits the headlines now and then, so be careful.

Of course, the relaxed approach is driven by the heat, but I felt pretty vulnerable without my normal gear (which is fine in hot weather). I also got fairly sunburnt without being covered up.

Also note that the motorbike rental companies do not offer insurance – they offer a loss damage waiver which limits the amount you pay for damage to their bike. It does NOT cover any damage you do to a 3rd party, so if you run into a car – or injure yourself – you are not covered by the loss damage waiver for anything other than damage to the bike. It might be worth investigating separate insurance (credit card company or travel insurance). Also note that most travel insurance does NOT cover scooter and motorbikes accidents: extra cover is needed for that.

Also of interest, the staff at the rental company told me that renters of scooters (who generally have little experience) have the most accidents.

All-in-all, it was fun experience, but do it eyes wide open with regards to risk and liability.

“Had a BLAST!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Maui is for family, fun and making memories. Took the family for seven days, so much to do. Talk to the locals they got the skinny on what to do and how to do it cheap. Found a great snorkeling spot for the whole family and best of all it was free. Great food and environment. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“This place has it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took the whole family here for 10 days, with each of the kids wanting to do something different. 1 wanted to scuba dive - check! One wanted surfing lessons - check ! One wanted to swim with giant turtles - check! One wanted to go standup paddling - check! Then there were the pools, the amazing snorkelling, the biking opportunities, walks along the beach. This place is paradise. We even managed to go for an early morning snorkel (about 6:30am) and were visited by a pod of 33 wild dolphins who stayed and swam with us for over an hour. It doesn't get much better than that.

Lahaina, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Maui Mountain Cruisers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great trip to see sunset, followed by fun, fast and safe bike ride down with Dan and Brian!

They made sure the bikes were set to each of us, and carefully assessed our abilities.

Pat Atlanta