“Steve is so awesome!!”
Review of Maui Custom Tours

Maui Custom Tours
Ranked #263 of 394 Tours in Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing completely private and customized tours of the amazing island of Maui for our guests and their families. Rather than joining a loaded bus tour with strangers your group is assigned your own tour guide for the entire day to do and experience whatever you're interested in. Your tour guide is also your driver so you can enjoy the sights and take in the beauty of Maui. Explore the Road to Hana, hike in tropical rain-forests, check out the best hidden gems, try the best local cuisine, it's all possible with Maui Custom Tours.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My friend and I arranged a girls trip to Maui, I ran across Maui Custom Tours, he was the first person I called and I'm so happy that I did!

Steve Sargenti is great! We rented a jeep (a must have) and added his name as a driver and off we went. He took us to places that no one but a true Hawaiian (at heart) would know. He has lived there since he was 9?13? He is so energetic, we were gone all day long and not one minute was wasted. We told him what we wanted to see and he didn't disappoint us. From hiking down hills for tidal pool swimming to jumping off (small) cliffs, it was a blast!! He's full of stories and history. What a great guide, I can't say enough good things about him. Choose Maui Custom Tours and you won't regret it! One word of advice, go easy on the pineapple ;)

Cindy and Tamara

3  Thank Cindy M

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We hired Steve as our guide for the road to Hana trip. First let me say he was fantastic! He was very casual , knows what he is doing and great with kids. Particularly if you have small kids and would like to take a trip to Hana with peace.. Please take my advise and hire Steve.. He will keep the kids occupied And show you the way around to see most of the places.He will take to some of the places you would not cover if you go on your own. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and Also get to meet his mom on our way back. He also took us to Pranni Thai restaurant where we got vegetarian dish(no fish sauce, no oyster sauce, no egg) dish.. Which was delicious. We give Steve a four out of four star.

2  Thank Ananth I
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We went to Maui for the first time so I decided to get a guide for our first day then pick his brain about where we should go for the rest of our trip. He was so amazing. We took our 3 kids, ages preteen and teens and he was great with them. Everyone had a great time, he slowed down for me when I needed too, lol. The Bamboo forest was my favorite. And he gave us the names of the must try restaurants and sights to see. I will never go on a trip with out hiring a guide the first day. Thank you Steve for the most memorable vacation ever!!!

1  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were on a cruise, the Pride of America, and we hired Maui Custom Tours (Steve Sargenti) for a whole day. There were 10 of us in a 15 passenger van which we rented and Steve drove. We did the Road to Hana (Half-way) which took almost 4 hours and was mostly uneventful. Doing it in a 15 passenger van is not the think to do ... couldn't pull off the road anywhere; all spaces already occupied by cars. There was some nice views by we didn't get to see the waterfalls which require some hiking. Another reason not to do this with 10 people, especially senior citizens. From Half-way-to-Hana we went to Lahaina for the Old Lahaina Lu'au where Steve waited for us and drove us back to the ship.

Steve did an outstanding job as a tour guide; he is a wealth of information and has a great personality. He stopped by his house to get a milk crate to use as a step into the van. He would have taken us anywhere we wanted, but we really did no planning on our own.

I would recommend this service to anyone, but in small groups, familys etc.; not in a large group like we did.

2  Thank bigstuie