“lovely golf experience - fun course”

Ranked #243 of 494 Outdoor Activities in Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: This lush and tropical layout measures 6,825 yards from the back, featuring four to six tee boxes on every hole, allowing golfers to tailor the course to their level of skill.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

had a chance to play this beauty on july 5th. used Golfnow to get tee times and a special rate.
Played with my wife and she is a novice. played the "blue" tees - about 6400 yds.

I really like this course for vacation and have played it a couple of times before. it does not need a lot of local knowledge as the course is largely right in front of you. No blind tee shots other than an uphill par 3. GPS on the cart helps a great deal. Condition is fabulous. Staff is friendly. Large pro shop. beautiful setting and you can see water on almost every hole. The first hole is stunning in its beauty as it goes down the hill towards the ocean (as does a number of other holes).

This course is a golf digest top 50 for women. The course generally had flat areas in the fairways (despite having the entire course on somewhat of a sidehill) so we could tailor each hole to whatever we thought was comfortable for my wife. Also, the greens largely are not elevated, so she was able to run balls onto the greens from the fairways. Makes for a much more pleasant round.

Final point - being a novice, my wife likes to play only with people she knows. We found out that we were paired with strangers and we were able to move our tee time ahead 40 minutes to get out by ourselves. This really got the day off to a great start. Given that we used Golfnow, the staff had every right to not really care much and say that we need to keep our time. Instead, they could not have been nicer and went out of their way to help us out.

All reviews
"hawaii"
in 7 reviews
"lanai"

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Wailea Emerald Course is one of the more picturesque courses on Maui, which has no shortage of attractive courses. The Emerald Course, along with the adjacent Gold Course, is beautifully maintained with gorgeous views along the south Maui coast. The staff was very friendly, and the marshals were helpful in keeping the play moving smoothly. As a Maui resident, the afternoon greens fees were very reasonable and would not be unreasonable for a visitor to the island. There are very few forced carries from the resort tees, and, well there are numerous sand traps, most of the greens are accessible for mediocre golfers.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Every hole was like a picture postcard. I booked on Golf Now which gave me half of the standard rate. Carts have GPS and a beverage cart is always near by. Cant wait to go back!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Magnificent! Incredible course, perfectly maintained, friendly staff including course marshall, and it seems like ocean views on every hole. I played the Gold last year but like the Emerald better. I recently played what was suppose to be the best courses in Phoenix and Orlando and this course blew them all away....and was less expensive. Can't wait to return next year.