“Fun boat, lousy snorkeling”
Review of Molokini Crater

Molokini Sail and Snorkel Adventure
$144.66*
Small-Group Molokini Snorkel and Green Sea Turtle Adventure from Maui
Ranked #68 of 378 things to do in Maui
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We took the pride of maui from maalea bay. One of the bigger boats so yes was much busier than we wanted but being experienced we expected that. For anyone who has previous snorkeling behind them in maui stay away. We have better snorkles outside our Mana Kai or in ulua bay than molokini. Too many trips over there have made the reef look dead. Turtle town was better but once again you can do better for free everywhere else.
The boat and the experience was the only thing that made the trip for us. We had a nice continental breaky and the lunch of hotdogs, burgers, and chicken was good and plentiful we all had seconds. Beer flowed free and drinks were pleasantly poured heavy. The crew was great and we met nice people from around the world.
For first timer snorkelers good trip others save your money unless you use it as a semi whale watching tour also. We were lucky enough to see a couple whales being soo early in the whale season.

1  Thank Kenbeaul
There are newer reviews for Molokini Crater

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This trip was fun, but you'll want to note the following:

There are not many fish to be seen where we snorkelled and SNUBA'ed;
Wear plenty of sunscreen on your back; my wife got a pretty bad burn while snorkelling;
We did see three turtles, which was fun, but you can't touch or swim too near them.

It was my first time doing SNUBA diving, which I recommend! The lunch on the boat was decent, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We went on an all day excursion to Molokini and Turtle town. I was so disappointed with Molokini- it was crowded (4-5 boats of people) and I kept running into other snorkelers and there wasnt that many fish. We saw better fish at Black Rock in Kanapali- and that was free! Overall, glad I went out there and have done it, but was pretty disappointed. I only spent about 10 minutes in the water.

1  Thank tiffany000
Reviewed November 7, 2013

A snorkeling trip while in Hawaii is a must, even if you don't snorkel! Trilogy offered a relaxing and worthwhile trip for a half day. The water and fish underwater are beautiful and the sights above water are just as wonderful. Food and drinks are abundant and well prepared. This trip was a definite "must do" while in paradise.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

After a few decades of 100's of visitors a day there are very few fish left here. If you've never been snorkeling before, I can see how you might think there's "tons of fish". But if you have gone snorkeling before, you'd see more just going to any spot. The boat ride was nice and the visibility is unreal, but I took the trip because I thought (based on reviews, advertising etc) that the place was just swimming with fish. That is not the case. I strongly recommend saving your money and doing something else.

3  Thank Budowoman