“Strange campground”
Review of Kanaha Beach Park

Ranked #190 of 383 things to do in Maui
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We also tried to get there and it was first of all difficult to find, as there are no street-signs, where the campsite is located and when we arrived, there was a big family and other people, too, who seemed to live there.. Very strange atmosphere and we didn't feel very safe there, place was nasty, few greens and pretty loud because of the airport.., wouldn't recommend this campsite!
Although we already payed for to stay there, we refused.

4  Thank Dabdudei

Reviewed April 1, 2013

What we thought would be an hour visit at the water, turned out to be about a 5 minute stop. We all got out of the car and a man came up to our vehicle and looked inside. Then he crouched next to our vehicle. Our party noticed and we quickly got back in the car and left. Would not recommend

5  Thank traveler21501
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I did a lot of research prior to your trip to Maui. Maui Beach Boys got awesome marks, so we booked a two hour group lesson for our family of 5. We were the whole group, as a group consists of 6 people. We showed up at 7:45 for our 8am lesson. I was a bit worried that the water would be cold at this hour, but not a problem at all. Perfect time to go, as the wind tends to pick up later on. Our instructor Carlos was Amazing!! He started us off with a dry land lesson, teaching us the basic movement of standing up. Then off to the water! He was an excellent instructor, who really took the time to give us all what we needed. The kids were up on their first run; my husband and I took a few tries to get our balance. But, we surfed on Maui!! Carlos puts his heart into teaching surfing, and really wants to see his students have fun and succeed. Thanks so much for today. Another must do excursion for your time on Maui.

2  Thank PalaceFamily
Reviewed July 21, 2012

There are nicer beaches to go to. Believe me. I know what I am talking about. Just cause it is practically across from the Kahului airport doesn't mean convenience should play a factor in your decision! If you are into windsurfing may I suggest Ho'okipa, instead! Come to this beach if you would be interested in spooky and crowded parking lots, dirty sand filled with cigarettes, gross facilities, yucky water, fights, drunks and if you care nothing about your valuables or your car. Visit at your own risk!

5  Thank intheraw
Reviewed April 19, 2012

When traveling we use a variety of accommodations from camping to luxury hotels. We decided to try the campground a Kanaha Beach County Park because it was close to the airport. It was the nastiest place I have ever camped. We almost did not even set up our tent. Trash was every where. It was shocking to see. Cans were overflowing and the port-o-lets were disgusting. There is a nicer bath facility in the beach park. It appeared a few campers were "living" in the campground. Vehicles were coming/going all hours of the night, people were arguing. Yikes, we were bold to stay the one night! The beach is so beautiful. It is a shame to allow the campground to be in such a state of ruin.

8  Thank Southerner