“Great horses and guides!”
Review of Lahaina Stables

and up
Historic Horseback Ride Lahaina
Ranked #86 of 470 Outdoor Activities in Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: We do horse trail riding. We do a AM ride, ck in is 8:30 AM. We do lunch ride, with complete fresh deli lunch. Ck in is 10:30 We do a sunset ride, which, because of the caring lengths of the days, ck. In changes throughout the year.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great horses and guides!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We did the morning ride at Lahaina Stables with Seth and Ellen. The horses and the riding instructions were great. Seth and Ellen were both very personable and knowledgable. The tour itself was very dry and dusty. It definitely was not how you would imagine the land in Maui being. However, this did not diminish the ride. It was a tour of a seldom seen part of Maui, with a very important history for the town of Lahaina. We would highly recommend the tour. Word of advice: I brought my SLR camera on the tour with me. Besides being difficult to shoot on horseback, the trails were very dusty and dust could get inside your camera.

2 Thank bbeebe519

San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Experience & Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My Dad and I rode with Lahaina Stables on our last visit to Maui and did their morning ride. It was an awesome experience and our tour guides, Dylan and Char, were very friendly and provided fun facts during the ride. We had about 12 people in our group and the skill level was all over the place - most being relative beginners. They try their best to pair you with a horse that would be a good fit and the horses all seem very well-mannered and nice. It was a great way to see the more mountainous "green" side of Maui and I'm happy we found Lahaina Stables!

1 Thank Lauren B
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice ride with good guides”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our second time riding with Lahaina Stables (first was in 2009) and our experience was better this time. Punctual start. The brief riding instructions before the ride was quite good. Two guides for our group of seven. We were each assigned a horse to match our riding skills/experience, though all of the horses were mellow & well-behaved (as horses, they of course still tried to snatch a bite of grass, etc., to test who's boss; but all were responsive & there was no nasty kicking, biting, bucking, running away, etc.). The horses appeared to be well cared for and the guides were attentive. It was a typical nose-tail style trail ride and I was comfortable about the safety of my two sons (ages 16 & 19, with little riding experience). Relaxed pace, beautiful views, informative & friendly guides. We stopped for a break and were provided light snack, with water for the horses. I'd go again.

portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best crew”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love this place. We had a great ride and the staff was great. We had Dylan and another guy I cant remember his name but they were great. You don't have to have riding experience to enjoy this ride. They are good at explain things. I would go again. Check them out you wont be disappointed :)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank savaan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Views & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just got done with a sunset ride at Lahania Stables. I have only ridden a horse one time before, but this was not a problem, because our instructor/guide, Dylan, showed us everything that we needed to know to get through the ride. He was very insightful and knew a boatload about Hawaiian history and the history of the land that is ridden along, during the ride. You can see the ocean, and two other islands on once side, while on your other side you have astounding, lush mountains, nearly the entire time. Dylan continuously checked on our entire group & was there for each of our every needs. You have to wear long pants, or at least shorts to your knees & tennis shoes, so I am glad that we went in the evening, because it was cooler outside by that point. It was just as beautiful as it was insightful & entertains!

2 Thank MorganGumbert