“Educational & Fun”

and up
Historic Horseback Ride Lahaina
Ranked #101 of 490 Outdoor Activities in Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: We do horse trail riding. We do a AM ride, ck in is 8:30 AM. We do lunch ride, with complete fresh deli lunch. Ck in is 10:30 We do a sunset ride, which, because of the caring lengths of the days, ck. In changes throughout the year.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great horseback riding experience for someone who has never ridden. My horse was gentle, friendly and responded to my directions. Our guides, Ray & Seth were both very nice. We learned SO much about the island and it's history. Days after our ride, we found ourselves still talking about it. The morning ride was perfect because it wasn't too hot. Sure we were dirty and dusty by the end of the tour but that's what we expected. No complaints. (Except I didn't want to leave when it was over!)

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Lahaina stables was a great experience. Seth was our guide and made us all feel comfortable, and was very informative about the local tea we were riding in. Beautiful views of the west Maui mountains and ocean. The horses were all will cared for and in good shape. One of the best trail rides my family has been on!

1  Thank MarkInBreck
Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, our guide Seth was awesome! He was great at helping the kids handle their horses. The ride was up the mountain to a reservoir where water is collected for the residents. Seth was very knowledgable about the area and told us interesting stories. We had a wonderful time, and Seth even let the kids feed their horses when we got back! WARNING- expect to get dirty. This is a horseback ride on a dirt trail, after all.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I did the morning horseback ride from Lahaina Stables. It's a fun way to see parts of West Maui and view surrounding islands. I went alone as my husband was off seing Hana and found that worked just fine as group and wrangler were congenial. I liked that the wrangler used my camera for pictures of me. Go with good directions, and go early, as finding the location was challenging! Mary Ann

1  Thank Mary Ann M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

While the ride was mostly up a dusty trail, the views from the top were stellar. Horses calm and well trained. Our guides, Katie and Seth were very attentive and fun.
We liked that they used our cameras to take family photos, not the mandatory company photos that are then offed for sale after a trip.

Been to Lahaina Stables? Share your experiences!