“Amazing Road to Hana!”

Unique Maui Tours
Ranked #28 of 404 Tours in Maui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Embark on a memorable day tour of Maui with your own Private Guide in a comfy luxury SUV! 100% private, 100% custom, 100% fun! Explore areas where rental cars are not allowed and larger groups can't access, swim in waterfalls and tide pools, hike through pristine jungle, and experience first hand the beauty of the Valley Isle, at your own pace.
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Wow! What a great time we had on the private tour of the Road to Hana with Delphine!!

The trip itself was beautiful of course... what's not to love about sheer sea cliffs, electric blue water-scapes, gorgeous waterfalls, exhilarating hikes and off-the-beaten-path adventures? It was all that, but so much more. Having been on the road to Hana on a 'bus tour' before, I could really appreciate the value that a 'private tour' brought to the table. We were able to stop where we wanted to stop, and stay as long as we wanted.

Delphine was more than accommodating. She was also bright, friendly, competent, know legible and personable. She is a wonderful conversationalist and fellow adventure-lover that translates so nicely into being a guide. She personally knows many locals and we benefited by stopping by the very best locals shops and food stops.

Our favorite experiences were jumping off sea cliffs into the Venus pools (or sliding into them, like I did!), hiking down to red sand beach where blue waves meet red rocks and yes it's as brilliantly beautiful as it sounds, and swimming behind waterfalls. Wow! What an adventure.

Furthermore, when we got home, Delphine sent us some pictures she had taken to help remember our adventure. Above, beyond and so very thoughtful.

Thank you Delphine! I'll be passing along your name and number to any family or friends that plan to visit Maui.

All the best!!
Dawn

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Unique H, Guest Relations Manager at Unique Maui Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Mahalo Dawn!! That sure was a very adventurous day with you guys--I'm pretty sure we all got a good night sleep after that!! So happy you enjoyed it and hope you can come back for more on the other side of the island!

All reviews
"tubes"
"knowledge"
"auntie"

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Delphine was a great guide around Maui. She'll show you all the best restaurants and best beaches around the island. She also took me and my friend on a submarine tour. She's a wonderful host and really fun. She's also fluent in several languages which is super cool. I hope to be back visiting on Maui soon!

Mahalo Athena! It was great to have you visit our beautiful island and I'm happy I could show you around a bit. Come back soon, you're not that far ;-)

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We did a full day tour on the Road to Hana with Delphine and it was exceptional. We were able to swim in beautiful waterfalls, explore a black sand beach, explore a lava tube, eat tasty Hawaiian snacks along the way, including Coconuts Glens Ice Cream (a must!). Delphine was very knowledgeable about the islands, charming and hospitable. We wouldn't have driven the entire road ourselves, not knowing where to go and all those curves! As a result, highly recommend hiring Delphine as a private guide to truly enjoy what the Road to Hana has to offer. She will give you a day that is unforgettable!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

If you feel the need to explore and not have your run-of-the-mill tour, come visit Maui and book with Unique Hawaii Experience. Delphine and her crew cater to your needs and interests with their expertise in all things Maui, the ins and outs, the up high on the slopes of the volcano to down low beneath the sea. If it's the nooks and crannies you seek, rather than the same old touristy bus tour, you won't be disappointed. My time on Maui was life-changing. The highlight of my trip with Unique was spending some time out hiking in the Hana area. I will definitely be back to this amazing island and with this company. Mahalo, Delphine!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Some say Hawaii is a once-in-a-lifetime trip...but I'm pretty convinced I will be going back! My friends and I had been saving up for a while, and during the summer of 2016 we put our plans in motion. Whales were our priority, which is why we chose Maui, and to go during the winter months. But it was also important to us to explore the land as well. We knew we wanted a more authentic, adventure like tour, and to explore areas you wouldn't find in a guide book. We wanted to do it our way, on our time, and not be on a strict schedule with 50 other people in a crowded bus. I can't express how thankful we were to discover Unique Hawaii Experience!! Delphine is an amazing guide, she really listens to your interests and takes you exactly where you want to go. She even takes you to places you never knew you wanted to go!! She's also super knowledgable about the island, and can recommend the best snorkel/dive spots. (If you go in the winter, your can hear the whales singing!!!!)
We did the "Unique Road to Hana", which is a long day (11hours) but totally worth it. I highly recommend doing that trip, but if you're thinking it's a bit long, don't worry, there are plenty of other tours to choose from, plus shorter versions of the Hana trip. I can't wait to get back to Maui and go on another adventure with Delphine! The "West Maui Adventure" is next!!