1,603 results
All reviews ocean view happy hour the kitchen pizza grocery store our honeymoon living room great pool lounge chairs time share great resort embassy suites pool area is recommend this resort other resorts fitness center rental car
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed here from 8/23 – 8/28. Overall, we liked it.

It surprised us a little bit by the size of the property. It is large V shape property with 3 sets of twin elevators to take the guest up to their perspective section. Local called the “pink” (but more like coral) building. The ground was nice, with multiple waterfalls, koi pond, big pool and a water slide.

Our room had a partial ocean view yet it was on 2nd floor (RM 116) right above the air vent. It was just too loud to sit on the balcony or open the sliding door. It was also a very long walk to the ice machine (cross 2 sections) on the other end of the building. Likewise, it will be far from the ice machine side to do laundry over this side. Laundry/detergent costs $3.75 per load was reasonable.

Room was comfortable, 1 king size bed with a queen size sofa bed. The mattress was thin like any other sofabed. It didn't have stove but had everythng else in the kitchen. There were two sinks in the bathroom and 2 doors connecting to master bedroom and living room. The bathroom was big.

The parking fee of $16 was a bit stiff. The valet parking crews were very friendly though. I also found parking rather easily in the underground garage when I need to be in and out in short period of time. Internet access costs extra in the room (no wireless, only wireline) but you could get free internet access near the lobby.

KBC was a little further north from the main Kaanapali resort area, e.g. Hyatt and Westin Yet it was quite convenient. There was Bob’s snorkel, Subway, Pizza Paradiso and Times supermarket right across the street. It is also a short drive from the Whaler Village (local shopping ceter).

I reserved KBC with my own timeshare company (Raintree Vacation Club) so I didn’t need to deal with Diamond Resort or RCI personnel.

Oh, don’t forget the sunset. You get a wonderful view at the beach every day.

We will stay here again if it is available.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Family_from_NJ
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We decided to get take a trip for our 10yr. We stayed in the Ka'anapaili Beach club. The room was nice. Unexpected charges were: Daily parking fees were expensive ($16 day) The view from our room was breath taking. The down fall, sitting thru the time share. It was overbearing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Loved this resort; very reasonably priced -- rented from an owner. The 1br suite was beautiful, and comfortable. The marble bathroom was fabulous! Views from our room #306 were spectacular -- of the ocean, beach and pool. The grounds are lovely with waterfalls and Koi ponds and tiki torches at night. While this is a family resort with kids activities daily, it was also a wonderful couples getaway for me and my husband (who had to work part of the time). It is very safe and a great location -- if you choose to leave the resort, you can walk down the beach to dinner at another hotel or it's a short drive to Lahaina for shopping and great meals. There were two flat screen tvs and they put in a new mattresses during our stay, which made us even more comfortable. Two fun activities were taking the Trilogy Catamaran to snorkel at Honolua Bay (we saw turtles and rays and fabulous fish) and at Kapalua -- we went on the sunset zipline course (perfect for 1st time zipliners). We would love to return and stay again at this great resort!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank CALtravelmom
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The Hotel itself is great. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the view is fantastic. However, being an owner there doesnt give you any special privileges. I have struggled every year to make a reservation at the time I wanted to take my vacation. I always go in the off season, so I'm not sure why it is so difficult. When I purchased the timeshare, I was given many promises that were never kept. Although I have complained numerous times, I have never had my concerns acknowledged by a real person, other than to tell me it is my fault, and I should have known better. The maintenance fees are outrageous, but of course they dont tell you any of that when you buy. I was also told on my last visit, because I declined to buy additional points, I was wasting their time. Is that any way to treat an owner?

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My wife and I went with another couple to Maui for our 10th anniversary. Both couples were married on the same day and kept in touch after meeting on our honeymoon 10 years ago. After almost counting Hawaii out because of the cost, we discovered a Hawaiian bargain (expensive elsewhere) at the Kaanapali Beach Club (KBC). I must say that after staying at different levels of lodging, I wasn’t overwhelmed at first. However, I grew fonder of the resort the longer I stayed.

The KBC pretty much had everything a couple/family would need (I know since I have 3 kids of my own) and in a nice location close to Whalers Village and Lahaina. It is settled directly on the beach and has a large pool area, both of which I discovered were rare in Waikiki where I went the following week. The structure is pink with 12 levels and all rooms are suites. They are nice and spacious with comfortable beds and large drawers to unpack your belongings. There is a small balcony area to sit on to overlook the resort/ocean. Please note that oceanview could mean “as long as you can see a sliver of the ocean somewhere in the distance” so don’t get excited if it’s not directly in front of you. The only thing really lacking was a stove although my wife was able to work something out with the electric skillet they provided. Every other floor has a washer and 2 dryers, which I didn’t consider necessary until I used it. The restaurants exceeded expectations. There is a breakfast buffet for $15/person, which is good with an omelet station. The pancakes weren’t fixed the way I like and there was no waffle cooker but other than that breakfast was great. There was a variety and the fruit was amazing. We also ate downstairs 2 evenings. I must say that the food was really good with excellent coconut shrimp and a fish special that was tasty.

The KBC even offered a few extras like a little fitness center, a koi pond with waterfalls, mini-golf, ping-pong, activities like movie by the pool and a DVD dispenser (like Redbox), which I didn’t know about until the last day. It is at least a noted place because there are vendors who come in the lobby and comedian Tom Green made a cameo (just missed him). Maybe because we were owners elsewhere or just missed, but we never got asked about a timeshare presentation. I highly suggest getting a car in Maui to explore the island. Yes, there is a $16/day +tax parking fee but truly enriches the experience. Also, it is only 2 minutes from the smaller Kapalua Airport, which is recommended if coming from another Hawaiian island. We did a round trip from our home city to Honolulu, then another round trip from Honolulu to Kapalua to save money (think about it). If you go to the KBC with the right expectations, you will find that it has what you need.

Read further if you want to know what we did in Maui.
With 4 head strong people on our vacation, we could not agree on what to do in Maui. But while out the 1st day, we stumbled upon an activity center and agent which turned our vacation from disaster to delightful. If in or going to Maui, I highly recommend contacting the energetic Lisa Kerstein from the Expedia Local Experts in the West Maui Center. The numbers are 808-667-7777 or 800-624-7771. It is located on 910 Honoapiilani Highway (Hwy 30), Lahaina, HI 96761 next to the Outlet Center and Subway. We sat down with Lisa for an hour and planned out the rest of our trip. She was honest with us on what was a good value, our taste and what days to go. Looking back, Lisa was a Godsend and probably the turning point to a positive and memorable vacation.

What we did:
Monday: Road to Hana – All day event and recommend Paia (picked up lunch), Twin Falls (bring swimsuit for pics in water & water shoes to walk thru water on rocks), Waianapanapa State Park (black sand beach) and Oheo Gulch (didn’t make it but wish I would have)
Tuesday: Helicopter Ride (Air Maui) – Quick ½ hour tour to see most of Maui including thousand foot waterfalls and mountains unreachable by car
Wednesday: Catamayran Cruise (Ahi Lanai?) – Snorkel & Snuba, like scuba but tank is on raft up to 15 feet above instead of back and no certification is required;
Thursday: Dinner Cruise (Pacific Whale Foundation) – Great food and amazing sunset; Spa (Kapalua) – Ritz Carlton experience
Friday: Luau (Drums on the Pacific) – Get to the Hyatt early because popular from good food, drinks and show including fire-dancer

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple