$339
$305
Westin.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $344/night.

$316
$299
$529
Hyatt.com
$644
$274
$249
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $303/night.

$519
$459
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$265
$241
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$246
$215
$488
$391
$952
$649
1,576 results
All reviewsocean viewpool areathe kitchenpizzagrocery storeour honeymoonliving roomlounge chairstime sharegreat resortnice beachrecommend this resortother resortscoffee makerrental cartimeshare presentationembassy suites
Reviewed October 2, 2006

Well, I must say that I was quite scared after reading such negative reviews about the Embassy, but to my superise it was wonderful. My husband and I stayed at the Embassy for our honeymoon from September 25th-October2nd 2006. From the the start things when great. When we arrived two hours early a room was ready and when we mentioned that it was our honeymoon we were up graded to an ocean view on the 12th floor and a bottle of champange was sent to our room. So, I'm unsure how people can say the front desk is unpleasant. They were more than willing to anwser any questions and with a smile.

When we got to our room we were amazed. It was huge, clean, and more than enough room for two. I must say I didn't find the sheets on the bed to be a problem and I thought the bed was quite comfortable.

We enjoyed the FREE cocktail hour daily and the FREE chips. It's free why complain and the chips were mighty tasty. We meant several wonderful couples espically one honeymooning at the resort and actually ended up booking several activities with one couple through Mark at the activity desk. Mark was very helpful and set us up with great snuba, helicpoter, and luai trips.

The beach is small but you can lay on it and swim in the water. I guess you might complian if you sit at the resort all day. THe pool was more than nice. Yes, the slide is small but I'm 28 and thought it was fun.

We did participate in the timeshare presentation. I have to say that they did try and pressure us and were quite obessive with selling. I don't think it's worth the discounts that you get.

The only negative I could say is that the elevators take forever.

Hope this helps. All I can say is the place is great and in the perfect area. It's not really a place to party. We were in bed by 9pm each night.

It's MAUI beautiful and fun. Who wants to sit at a hotel all day!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Chelsa
Reviewed September 17, 2006

I was a guest at the Embassy Suites in Maui and let me tell you it was not a pleasant stay. On my very first night , I woke up several times during the night to discover red welts on my body. I applied and kept applying bug repellent but somehow it did not seem to work. I kept waking up to new welts on my arms, feet, hands and even my face! My first thought was "mosquito's" but boy was I wrong. My family and I came to discover the following day that the mattress was infested with Bed Bugs!!! It was a total nightmare!!! Of course management moved my family and I to a different room but the experience is one that you don't ever forget. They are brown -ike bugs and some almost white looking and can be in the nicest looking resort/hotel. Don't be fooled, check your bed before you go to sleep. I just wonder about the guests who stayed in that same room before us if they had any "unexplained bites". All hotels should be aware of this problem and should have regular check-ups and plans in place. No guests should have to go through this.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank Jaz28
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We stayed here through an owner's referral. Got a good deal for 4 nights and paid for an upgrade to an ocean view. Our flight was early so we got to the Embassy before rooms were available. We received friendly greetings from both the valet parking attendants and the front desk. The front desk staff was particularly friendly as we had told her specifically the type of room we wanted (upgrades, king bed and ocean view which we had of course paid for). She said she would work on it and offerred to call us on our cell when a room was ready. So we left our luggage and went to Whaler's Village for lunch. We got a call within the hour.

Our suite was on the 11th floor, updated and larger than we expected. A nice sized living room/dining room combination, with an open style kitchenette. Oddly though the kitchen had a normal sized fridge, microwave and dishwasher with dishes etc but no stove top. While a coffee maker was provided, no kettle for us tea drinkers. Housekeeping did not have one to offer either. The bathroom was gorgeous with two sinks, a large walk in shower and closed off toilet area. The long narrow balcony overlooked the ocean from two angles. Lovely. Only problem was there was no screen for the door so leaving the doors open at night was not an option because of the bugs.

The bedroom was a nice size with a small tv and ample closet and drawer space. While the suite was upgraded, was surprised that the bedding was old school, flat sheet. With all of today's hotels at all levels upgrading their bedding to duvets etc, not sure why Embassy isnt doing the same.

Another minor point is about their happy hour. Previous reviewer is correct, bar staff could be friendlier and can upgrade their snacks (come on cheese chips in a bowl?).

I was expecting a poor beach by the way it was described in other reviews so was pleasantly surprised that it was nice enough to sit at, swim in etc. Another minor point is the Embassy doesnt let you take the loungers down to the beach and if you want one with they have on the beach there is a $15 hefty fee for two. Also found that the lounge chairs which were provided did not seem to be cleaned. Minor point but one to note when you are trying to upgrade the facility.

Location is ok (about 10 minutes to Whalers Village and, another 10 to Lahaina depending on traffic). Shopping plaza across the street is good and definitely go up to the next plaza and get the fantastic take out food from the Okosawa (sp?) Deli. The mahi mahi with lemon caper sauce is incredible!!

We were obligated to do the time share presentation because of the referral but also got $200 in coupons that were good at several good restaurants (Mama's!!) and shopping (Hilo Hatties). The presentation took 90 minutes, no pressure (we already own time share somewhere else) and while tempting no-one should ever have to make such a decision as this type of purchase in a short period of time as they tend to expect.

Would definitely go back if given a similar offer.

• Stayed: September 2006
10  Thank Breezey
Reviewed September 10, 2006

First let me warn you before you read this, Im an owner not only of one week but three at Sunterra Beach Resort. I just booked our next vacation for july 07.

Basically and truly its not the most over the top fancy- posh- movie star quality place. Its a place for normal guys like me to give my family three weeks a year in paradise. Most of the people we have met are workers like us teachers,cops,fireman professional types this is not a singles place or a party place the bar closes at 10pm. Its a relaxing relaxing location. This is a place to meet other owners and talk about the other trips they have gone on or to play a mean game of spades or poker during the receptions. We seem to always run into people that remeber our to boys its always fun to meet owners again! Have your kids go down the water slide and have the best waterslide guy in the world make sure no one takes cuts. I can make our own dricks and brink them in a cooler I can goto the market and bbq steaks shrimp whatever.. we enjoy our time here and its silly to see reviews that the mades didnt make our beds or take out the dishes from the dishwasher. They will if you pay them :)
but that not the deal and your told that at check in.....

Hey like I said I cant wait to go back

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank michaelnterra
Reviewed September 9, 2006

Before staying at this resort my husband and I checked the reviews and everyone is right about the front desk staff.... they are horrible! They are rude... When we checked in my moms room was not ready and wasn't ready for 4 hours with no explanation! They handed us a sheet with a bunch charges that could be possible.. I asked what one of the charges was about the girl behind the counter said "just sign below... it says that these charges were explained to you" THEY WEREN'T!!!!!!!!!! The room was absolutely beautiful but it was a rennovated room!!! The entire stay we heard BANGING AND DRILLING (thats why the price was cheap) on the 10th floor (we were on the 12th) from 9am - 5pm.. but that didn't really bother us too much because we were never in the room!! The BELLMEN/VALET guys were VERY sweet and nice!! They actually told us which elevator to take to our room since the nasty front desk people just gave us our key and we asked them what room number!!!!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER at the front desk! BUT we were in Hawaii and we wouldn't let it bother us!!!!! Overall the room was very HOMEY!!!! I would go back just for the comfort and convience of the room, there was a supermarket across the street so we stocked up on drinks, snacks, and cereal (the free breakfast was nasty)....

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family