Ka'anapali Beach Club
$369
Hyatt.com
$499
  • Restaurant
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$315
$245
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

$619
Hilton.com
$344
$325
$579
$539
Orbitz.com
1,549 results
All reviewsocean viewpool areathe kitchenpizzagrocery storeliving roomour honeymoonlounge chairstime sharegreat resortnice beachrecommend this resortother resortscoffee makerrental cartimeshare presentationembassy suites
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We love it here. Last time we were on the 12th floor looking at the mountain in front of us..Beautiful view with beautiful rainbows and sunrises. This time we are still high up directly facing the ocean with views of Lanai and Molokai and sunset with the constant sound of the ocean...so lulling at night. We could see turtles in the ocean from the 11th floor and whale time this view must be awesome! We love e pool, the suite setup, happy hour and torch lighting.
Rooms are decorated beautifully, beds are great and we have lots of floor space.
They serve a great breakfast buffet but you have a large fridge and a well stocked grocery store across the street.

Room Tip: The higher the better! Don't pay more for deluxe ocean view unless you love the ocean beyond all else...we do but it is not for everyone!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ResourceTeacher
diamondresorts, Manager at Ka'anapali Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

It is delightful to read your lovely account of your recent stay. Thank you for your kind words. please come back soon as we would love to see you again!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for a week on a timeshare exchange. Had a really good time. Stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was really large, nice and clean. We arrived early and the lady at check in was so nice, called us as soon as a room became available. The staff are so very friendly, really welcoming. We had a lovely view from our balcony, just beautiful ocean and beach! We used the bus to go to whalers village and Lahania etc. Bus stops right outside the resort $4 for a day pass. Supermarket is right across the street with a few other small shops. Very handy for groceries etc. Lovely pool at the club and always plenty loungers available. Really enjoyed our stay and hope to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate833
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I spent a week here (9/5-9/12), exchanging our points from our RCI Tahoe timeshare to use here instead. We did score a beautiful remodeled room on the 12th floor overlooking the ocean (we saw many turtles and people snorkeling). I did not see any of the rooms that haven't been remodeled. The room had everything you would need: fantastic kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom (nice closet), HUGE bathroom with jetted tub and stand up shower, two sinks, and a pretty lengthly balcony with two chairs, a table and a chaise lounge I napped on. Overall, if I could use my points again and get a similar room, I would definitely recommend this resort and come again. There was a nice bar area, restaurant, plenty of chaise lounges at the pool, a fun slide into the pool (that we did go on!), a beautiful grotto, and a (small) hot tub. We had no problem finding the ice machine/washer/dryer. Everyone checking us in was very pleasant & vallet were wonderful. The overall appearance of the timeshare is a little dated (pink paint, green tile), but the rooms are very nice!

Now, the reason I took off two stars. Messages were left on our phone daily until we came to concierge to get our "free gift" which was a bag with shell necklaces, & some coupons. We talked about doing a luau and they explained that they could bring the price down from $200 ish to only $42 (for the two of us) *IF* we attended a 90 min sales presentation. We were also told if we attended the presentation we would get free breakfast and a free 3 night stay at one of their premeir hotels in a few different locations (we attended & got neither). The presentation (with JOHN LUTFEY) is the reason for docking the two stars. It was 90+minutes of torture to sit through, being interrogated with many personal questions, even after stating that we didn't feel comfortable answering some of them (his response was that the last 4 couples had said the same thing-- then get a clue!!!). He bragged about all his vacations, his million dollar house, and his $12,000 watch that he "found" outside trump tower. He was so rude, obnoxious & disrespectful, making fun of the way I talked. At one point, he asked if we made impulsive decisions, and I said no. He asked why we came to the presentation and I said, "We were obligated to in order to get the Luau discount." He responded, "Well, that was an impulsive decision, you can make another one and buy this today." After the 90+ minutes, we told him our answer had not changed & we wanted to leave. He would not let us go and insisted on getting pricing information. He was gone for 10+ minutes keeping us waiting, and saying we could not leave until we were checked out (or our credit card would be billed for the full amount of the luau). Seriously? I felt like we were in jail, and the level of harassment was unbearable. We waited for him to get back, were harassed again about not buying, and then FINALLY stormed out with angry vibes all around. In the beginning (before the presentation) I may have considered buying in the future with Diamond Resorts, but after my experience with John Lutfey, I will forever resent him and Diamond Resorts for the 90 minutes of **harassment** and rude conversation we had to endure. It definitely ruined our day and was hard to shake off.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank jaclyn b
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My daughter and her husband invited me to go with them to Ka'anapali. He was using his parents time share.
The hotel is gorgeous. The staff at the front desk were the aloha spirit personified.
The KBC did not seem crowded, everyone relaxed.
The rooms do have a DVD player so we wished we'd have brought my 2 year old granddaughters DVD favs. Nothing for kids on TV after 2:00pm.
I went to the front desk to ask for more creamer and before I returned to the room, it had been delivered.
Having read some reviews before departing for Hawaii I was prepared for some construction noise, older looking rooms on the lower floors (we ended up on the 2nd floor), moldy smells, etc.
Nothing could have been further from the truth. Our carpet needed retiring but everything else I saw was flawless. Old carpet with a toddler was ok.
I used the washing machine and I was the only one doing so. They provide the laundry soap, and wash and dryer are free.
My husband and I will discuss time share.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Zzmargot
diamondresorts, Manager at Ka'anapali Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We are really pleased that your stay at the Ka’anapali Beach Club exceeded your expectations, and that you had a great time here! We offer a DVD rental service on site, and our front desk team would have been happy to provide you with details of this – our Activities Department also offer a range of activities for both children and adults.

We hope you’ll get the opportunity to come back to the Ka’anapali Beach Club for another visit, and we’re delighted that you’re considering vacation ownership here – we really hope we’ll see you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I guess you could say we are currently staying here (heading out), and it's decent but apparently you have to know the secrets to have a great time. Also note I could be slightly grouchy from being kept up the last few nights from people below who are ridiculously loud and who are apparently allowed to smoke cigarettes and pot from their balcony and room. It was quite a joy to try to explain some of their conversations and smells to a 7 year old. Everything echoes on this side of the place. Especially between 4 and 6 a.m. Seriously. Why do you need to be hooting and hollering at a family resort until 4 a.m.?
We are staying on the third floor with a view of the mini golf below, and partial ocean view if you lean out over the balcony, and wow do people get fired up about their mini golf, so don't plan on having a nap if someone is playing golf. We are two families who booked on a sampler package from last year with the intention to buy while here.
The first day shut that idea down very quickly and disappointedly. Our room does have that moldy, musty smell but if you leave the windows open, it isn't so bad, and assuming you have polite neighbors (not our case). Upon check in we were told our rooms would be upgraded and they would get back to us when they have something available since we paid for an upgrade. We are on day 6 and still waiting on that call back! We are spending time on the beach and pool and traveling the island, so we let the idea of an upgrade go, but it's clear this resort is the master of not knowing which end is up.
We were told upon booking, check-in, and request to upgrade (3 different times) we would not have to book a timeshare presentation, but we did want to hear what they had to say since we are all considering buying. We booked some activities with a local retailer and they even called to make sure we did not have to book a presentation, so we thought we were golden. Until we went back to ask about our upgraded rooms the second time to see if it was possible and were very rudely told, 'you get no upgrade until you get your presentation or we will charge you right now. Why didn't you book, you did it wrong!" Uh, we just did what you told us to do, so okay, we booked a timeshare appointment, we were okay with that. But the sales person was rude, couldn't answer our questions, when we asked to speak to a manager and explain our concerns, he was rude, dismissive and apparently had never been taught that talking over someone and interrupting someone is not a great sales pitch. He actually got up and walked away from the table without letting us finish talking. Seriously?
Those factors along with the terrible people below and no answer from the front desk when we complained about the smoking is why we are cutting our time here short and just bought a timeshare from the Wyndham.
The other staff was friendly, especially at the pool bar which was nice, but I would not recommend this place or think about buying a Diamond timeshare ever. The rooms and bathroom are a good size and the construction isn't too bad, just two days or so were really annoying because you could hear drilling for about 4 hours straight, but at least i wasn't the one working.
But the trip is not bad, just because Maui is so beautiful and the locals are so nice and welcoming.

Room Tip: Get as high a floor as you can and you do not want to be over mini golf!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family