I just returned from a 3-night stay at the Ka'anapali Beach Club (spent the rest of the trip in Hana, see other review) and was pleased with my stay. I got a deal through an owner referral for a promotional price through Diamond Resorts International, so the value was very good. Checking in at midlnight was much slower than expected, but my room was a large 1-bedroom suite that had a bedroom with 2 queen beds, a living/dining room area with a sofabed, kitchenette (beware, with no stovetop/oven) and dining room table and a huge bathroom with shower, bathtub and two vanities. The room was updated and clean, although not one of the newest updated units we saw during the timeshare tour. On the second floor, we directly overlooked the mini golf course (which was unfortunate) and had a side-view of the ocean (a bit disappointing, but for the price not surprising).
The facilities were nice but needed updating- there was a good sized lagoon pool surrounding by chaise lounges, a few restaurants of varying sizes and other facilities you would expect at a resort like gym and various fitness/water activities. The beach was well located with a beautiful view of Lanai and Molokai, but the beach itself was not as large as I expected it to be- at high tide there was almost nowhere to walk on the sand. The first few feet of water was also quite rocky, making for an unpleasant entry into the ocean, but if you walk in far enough the rocky bottom turns into comfortable sand. The service was good overall. One nice facility that we took advantage of was the grills (nice gas grills) availabile for use by all guests- the front desk gave us a grill kit, we went grocery shopping at the grocery store right across the street and enjoyed a nice dinner grilled by the water.
Overall, everything was nice, but as I said earlier a lot of the common spaces were tired looking and need updating. The timeshare tour was an unfortunate waste of time, and longer than I expected, but I guess worth it to get the promotional price. This property is great if you have a large family/party and you are looking for bigger rooms in a nice Lahaina location. We also enjoyed almost continuous views of whales breaching, and even a whole dolphin pod, from the beach, which was really great and a perk of coming here in the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A breathtaking panorama awaits you at Ka'anapali Beach Club, a haven of a resort in a land that has perfected beauty. Located on Maui's western shore, Ka'anapali Beach Club promises to be one of the highlights of your chance of a lifetime getaway to Hawaii. If you're going to do Hawaii, you should do it right. By planning your stay at Ka'anapali Beach Club, you are creating the vacation of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ka'anapali Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Anapali Beach Club Hotel Maui
- Ka Anapali Beach Hotel
- Ka Anapali Beach Resort
- Embassy Suites Maui Hawaii
- Kaanapali Beach Club Maui
- Ka'Anapali Beach Club Maui, Hawaii