Tripadvisor

from $137.31
More Info
from $137.02
More Info
All reviews wonderful massage sheraton therapist facial mask spots
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019

I enjoyed my massage at the Spa at Black Rock. I had a choice between an outdoor cabana massage or an indoor treatment. I chose the indoor massage, because I wanted privacy and serenity. Ellen was an excellent masseuse and was friendly and attentive.

Date of experience: August 2019
KSCManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Spa at Black Rock, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Aloha,

Thank you for choosing The Spa At Black Rock for your Spa! We are happy to hear that you had such an excellent massage, and that you felt relaxed with help from our experienced massage therapist Ellen.

We look forward to your return, and thank you for your review.

The Spa At Black Rock

Reviewed June 4, 2019

I am use to resort spas having a little something extra. Most that I have went to have you change into your robe and have a steamroom etc for you to use. This doesn't not have any extras. The massage and person doing it were both great but for spa pricing I expect extras.

Date of experience: May 2019
KSCManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Spa at Black Rock, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Aloha Missweim,

Thank you for choosing The Spa At Black Rock for your massage. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your massage therapist and massage experience.

We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to reflect on where there are areas for continued growth so that we are able to offer our guest the best experience.

Mahalo,

The Spa At Black Rock

Reviewed May 19, 2019

I visited this spa at the start of my vacation 2 weeks ago and signed up for a couples massage with my boyfriend. As soon as we got into the massage room the massage therapist I was assigned asked what they should focus on. I gave instructions on what I wanted more attention on because I have a massage therapist at home I go to regularly. As the massage started I noted the therapist was really light with her treatment so I asked her to apply a bit more pressure because my muscles weren't getting any sort of relief. On the contrary, they started to get more and more painful as she rubbed lightly. The therapist told me that if I wanted more pressure then I'd have to upgrade to the deep tissue massage. I wasn't asking her for anything too in depth but it felt like she was just patting my back for the full massage so I gave up and let it be because the couples massage was already expensive. After getting out of the massage I informed my partner that my shoulders were starting to hurt a lot and it felt like she therapist did more harm than good. My partner got a positive experience with someone who applied a lot more pressure than the person I was assigned to, even getting elbows of pressure on his back.

When it was time to pay I told the person at the front desk about my experience and all they could do was apologize. It was only when I told them I didn't want to leave a tip that the manager came out and and gave us a 15% discount. It was barely enough to cover the tax but they still asked if I wanted to tip after such a poor massage experience. For the next 2 days my shoulders were in a lot of pain and I didn't know why.

Fast forward to when I get home I had scheduled an appointment with my own massage therapist to try and work out the pain in my shoulders. After consulting my therapist she told me the person who worked on my at the spa activated my muscles and left them in an irritated state, they likely aggravated a nerve on my left shoulder which will take a few weeks to heal, and that there was a spot on my left shoulder that my therapist couldn't work out because of how badly knotted the muscles were on that side. My therapist pointed out that it was not there in my previous appointments and proceeded to apply hot and cold packs to try to loosen that part again. After my regular appointment I was advised to do a series of hot and cold treatments to help treat my left should before my next appointment.

I've been turned off by the idea of going to a resort and getting a massage after this experience even after knowing the therapists at this spa are licensed. I never expected to spend over $400 on a massage that caused me so much pain and I'm surprised that when I didn't give them a tip is when someone decided to care about my pain, not when I initially complained.

I called to ask for the license number of the masseuse who worked on me to file a formal complaint but they never called back.
After writing this review I see a lot of people had similar experiences on yelp.....

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank peachmuffin13
KSCManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Spa at Black Rock, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Aloha peachmuffin13,

We are so sorry to find your review, and would like to talk to you directly to help solve this situation for you. We never want our guests to leave our spa in any sort of continued discomfort.

I have already forwarded this review along to our spa director who will be getting in touch with you as soon as possible. Please feel free to additionally reach out to me directly stephanie@aqualani.com with any futher questions or concerns.

Hope to speak to you soon,

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Lucky we were able to get in for a massage. So comfortable and relaxing. Listening to the ocean waves was a real perk!

Date of experience: May 2018
KSCManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Spa at Black Rock, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Aloha Laura P,

Thank you for choosing The Spa At Black Rock for your massage! We are so happy to hear that you felt relaxed while taking in the calming sounds of the ocean, and the waves. Like a sound machine in real time!

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to having you return.

Reviewed February 20, 2019

Did the couples bath and massage. Ann and Daniella were our masseuses and both were excellent. My husband requested a more intensive massage, while I requested a very light, soothing massage. Both of us were very pleased with the service. We walked out feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Would highly recommend both of these ladies if you are in need of a perfect massage.

Date of experience: February 2019
KSCManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Spa at Black Rock, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Aloha Carol R,

Thank you for choosing The Spa At Black Rock for your couples massage and bath! We are so happy to hear that you had such a relaxing and effective massage with our massage therapists Ann and Daniella.

Mahalo for taking the time to write a 5 star review for our team, and we look forward to having you back with us again!