“Jumping off Black Rock”

The Spa at Black Rock
Ranked #63 of 336 things to do in Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an intimate relaxing spa treatment located at the secluded Sheraton Resort. Take in ocean breezes with open air rooms, breathtaking views of historic Black Rock, and scenic lush greenery.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Black Rock is located at the Sheraton Hotel beachfront in Maui. If you like a little thrill...swim out to the rock, climb up and take a leap off into the crystal clear blue sea. I'm in my 40's and did it with my teen daughter. You need to be a good swimmer to get out to the rock (current can be strong). And you need to be somewhat coordinated to climb up the rocks. Tons of locals and other vacationers (kids & adults) jump off the rock while many are snorkeling below. The rock is about 20 feet up and the water below is greater than 20 feet deep. Free & Fun!!!

6  Thank Lifeluvs
in 8 reviews
"snorkeling spots"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 12, 2012

If your body can climb up a sharp rock and you aren't scared of heights, this is a fun jump. A very popular place right by the Sheraton Hotel. Also, if you aren't into jumping off big rocks, the water by the rock is some of the best and easily accessible places to snorkel in Maui.

2  Thank davidray
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Misa gave me my 90 minute Lomi Lomi massage. Each time I visit Maui I get a Lomi Lomi massage. I was debating in my mind either to get a massage out by the ocean under a cabana or go to a spa. Each day I would walk from the Westin Villas over to Black Rock at the Sheraton hotel. I stopped in for just a second to see what they had to offer. I loved the atmosphere and how they treated me right off the bat so I decided on this location. Misa did a wonderful job and afterwards I told her it was the best Lomi Lomi massage I have ever recieved. I am a massage therapist myself and I did not let her know. I have only had a little training on Lomi Lomi because I am from California and the classes are hard to find. I know one thing I will back to see her next year. If your looking for a wonderful relaxing massage try the Lomi Lomi. Misa will not disappoint you.!!

13  Thank Cmehr
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We saw 3 huge turtles while snorkeling in this area. Renting snorkel gear from whaler village area.
Sunsets are amazing especially with the sunset sail boat passing by.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton only a few feet away from the Black Rock. The snorkeling was great - I saw several turtles and numerous colorful fish. My only complaint is that we specifically went to Maui in late April, after Spring Break, and before school let out, so that my boyfriend and I would not have to be overrun by kids. I'm not sure why there was so many kids on the beach but there were and the parents do not watch them and allow them to run wild. We had sand thrown on us, kids scream on the side of us, food rotting next to us - I could understand if they were there first but we got there early to get a great spot on the beach before all the kids came. I love kids, but when I'm on a relaxing vacation from work I don't need to be surrounding my undisciplined kids. If you do not have kids stay far away from Black Rock!