“Lovely Breakfast in Hanalei!”

Hanalei Wake-Up Cafe
Ranked #401 of 531 Restaurants in Kauai
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Some friends and I stopped and had breakfast here on our way to the beach! I had the most wonderful granola and yogurt, served in a papaya! The service was friendly and fast. My favorite breakfast in the island.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Custard French toast was great. Service was good, prices were OK for a town in Hawaii. Fresh salsa with omlettes was good, spicy, but good.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wow! Dessert for breakfast. The French toast was very yummy with pineapple, coconut and whipped cream on it. Husband had an omelet and hash towns. Said it was above average. Not overcooked. Waitress was very cheerful and efficient. He also had orange juice - $25 total. Pricey but good.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had breakfast there on our first day in Hanalei. The food was good basic breakfast fare. The cinnamon rolls were outstanding! The bill for four people was $52. The service was quick and, while not overly friendly, not rude. However, I went back the next morning to get some cinnamon rolls to go and had a very different experience. When I walked in, the cook/owner gruffly asked me what I wanted. When I asked if we could get some cinnamon rolls, she was extremely rude in telling me no in front of several tables of people. Her manner of response was so unexpected, that I just left without saying a word. While I understand that they might want to save the rolls for their sit down customers, she surely did not need to bite my head off for asking. I was so happy when I entered the restaurant, and she made me feel horrible. After that, I definitely would not return.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you're up super early for an excursion from Hanalei Bay, it's a fine place to stop by, but don't expect anything fancy. Definitely seems to be a big hit with local surfers!