“Beautiful! and Tasty!”
Review of Cakes by Kristin - CLOSED

Cakes by Kristin
Reviewed January 11, 2014

What a great find - little bakery in back of a little strip mall. We stopped by after lunch at Monico's Tacqueria and picked up some tasty treats for the road and to take with us to Hanalei. There were some beautiful cupcakes and cakes on display, but we settled on a pineapple croustade - yummy and not overly sweet and a deliciously gooey macadamia nut/honey tart. Great coffee also. Go here!

1  Thank CalgaryGirlandBoy
There are newer reviews for Cakes by Kristin

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Kristin and her husband are a really enjoyable couple to talk to. Ask them how they ended up in Kauai - it was fate! I stumbled across this bakery by accident while looking for Passion Bakery. So glad I found Cakes by Kristin! She has really awesome cupcakes - the buttercream frosting was light and not too sweet. The cake soooo moist. She makes gluten free peanut butter cookies - a godsend for my hubby who loves PB cookies and is gluten sensitive. Thank you Kristin! The sliced cake in the bags are so YUM. I tried the chocolate one and it's wonderful even without frosting on it. I also tried her coconut cake - layered chocolate and white cake with custard in btween. I have to say, I was not so much a fan of this because I taste another flavor in the custard - a liquer maybe? I prefer my custard to taste like egg-y vanilla custard. But otherwise the cake was good. I can't wait to try this place again!

1  Thank mswendymc
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped by here after going to a nearby restaurant. I got a lavender shortbread cookie and a slice of white cake with lilikoi (passion fruit) filling. My husband got a banana macadamia nut muffin for the morning. All of it was very good! As another reviewer stated, plan to get items to go.

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ordered and paid online for a little 6 inch wedding cake for my Kauai destination wedding. Being in Australia, there wasn't an opportunity to go through cake tastings etc so I went with the one that just 'felt right' based on websites and reviews. Once I started emailing Kristin I was sure that I had made the right choice. We went for a simple chocolate cake with buttercream icing. Kristin was so lovely in our emails and followed up closer to the wedding date to check on the flowers to garnish the cake.
I was disappointed on the date of the wedding that I didn't have time to drive down to the Bakery to pick up the cake as I wanted to meet and thank Kristin in person. But I sent my mum and bridesmaid in my place. On their return, the cake looked fabulous and I was told that she was lovely in person as well.
At our dinner that night after the wedding, the cake was served up and boy was I happy with the taste!! It exceeded my expectations, and I am so grateful to Kristin for her work. I definitely have to drop in to the bakery when we return to Kauai!!

2  Thank curstee
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stopped in to get directions,to of all places,another bakery, and they were so helpful I felt I should buy something. The chocolate cake was fabulous.