“No response”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No response”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I sent a email and never got a reply and it took 4 plus calls before I got anyone. I was told they would call me with the tour times during my visit but I received no call. That's to bad I'm always looking to add a new cigar to my rotation and I thought a couple of boxes from Hawaii would be fun. There cigars were in every market and ABC store next to the Macadamia nuts by the check out so maybe they are more of a novelty cigar.

Visited September 2013

Washington
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Disappointed, I could not get a call or email back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Starting calling the week before we left for the trip and the first call went through and they said to call back when it was closer to my vaca? They didn't seem to have a set schedule for the tours. Called and left messages and even got on the web site and sent the tour request on their email. I even took the number with me and called and left a message while I was on Kaua'i!
Still NOTHING. To bad it sounds like the people who get through have a great experience.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank radgirl00
Redding, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So much more than just a farm tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had 5 in our group, all family of varied ages, from 26-73. We ALL loved this tour! Tai was a wonderful and knowledgeable tour guide, sharing his passion for coffee, tobacco, and many other native growing fruit trees and plants.. We spent the morning tasting coffee and various different fruits from the orchards Tai explained the processes of planting, growing, harvesting, and roasting the coffee beans. He also showed us how they harvest and dry tobacco leaves, and then gave a cigar rolling demonstration. We each got to take home one of their plantation cigars, which was a fun bonus. Tai spent time with us, and treated us like family. When we parted ways, we felt we had a new friend! This was a delightful way to spend the morning, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank mammadodds
USA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic must-see small coffee farm tour in Kaua'i !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

This was such a great tour !! It lasted about 2.5 hours, but it seemed to go by quickly ! Blair Estate is a small organic coffee and cigar company in Kaua'i. The tour guide, Tai, was super friendly and very knowledgeable. At the beginning, we were greeted with freshly brewed coffee, chocolate-covered coffee beans, and chocolate-covered coffee beans to sample (and sample, and sample..) We were then given a tour of the grounds, through the coffee orchards where we learned about how coffee is organically produced. You'll see how coffee goes from farm to cup. We got to sample the coffee cherries right off the tree ! We also learned about how Blair Estate produces their cigars and got to see a cigar hand-rolled. All in all, it was a great time, and I'd go again anytime !

I'd recommend calling ahead a few days (or more, if you can) in advance, as at this time, tours are private tours and scheduled ahead of time. This is a great tour and a fun time for anyone with a passion for coffee, anyone wanting to see more about how coffee is grown and actually walking through the coffee orchards, seeing how cigars are hand-rolled and produced in small batches, or having a tour of a small local farm making great products in Kaua'i.

Visited August 2011
8 Thank CarolH183
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Must, even if you don't like coffee or cigars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

My wife and I just went on this tour, Friday, May 20th and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We learned much more about coffee growing in HI, Kauai and in general than we ever expected. You will also learn/know more than probably 99.9% of the rest of the population on the process of growing/harvesting tobacco and the art of cigar making. This is one of those off the beaten path tours that will make your vacation - as with most Kauai attractions, it is for those who are adventurous, educated, have a sense of homor and don't mind inspiration in places you don't expect. I highly recommend going while they are still a relatively small operation - they certainly are poised for success.

Visited May 2011