“Beautiful place to stay! A+++!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kauai
Lae Nani Resort Condos
Ranked #32 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Kauai
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is **THE** place to stay on Kauai! We spent 12 days here in June '13 in unit #323. The property alone could be a tourist attraction! The entire grounds are a beautifully maintained botanical garden with stunning plants, flowers and trees everywhere (check out the pics)! The condo complex is just the right size with a huge open lawn right on the beach. And, you don't have the HUGE crowds of the big commercial resorts. Many times we were on the beach, lawn and pool all by ourselves. This east side of location on Kauai has many benefits compared to the north and south locales: 1) it's much cheaper - accommodations, restaurants, groceries; 2) it's less touristy and crowded; and 3) you're more centrally located on the island to hit all the great spots with a short drive. Some east side locations can be windy, but Lae Nani is in a protected cove (look at Google maps image). We rented unit #323 through kauaicondovacations.com, but it was also listed on vrbo.com. It was great to have a full kitchen to cut down on eating expenses and it has an amazing view of the grounds and ocean. I don't know why people pay so much for a 'resort' hotel room when you can have a complete condo for less! An added benefit of this place is that it's completely gated so you don't have to worry about roosters making it hard to sleep (a well-known Kauai problem). Most units here are privately owned, so the condition will depend on the owner. Our unit was perfectly nice & clean, though it could use a little updating. I would definitely stay there again - the price, locale and amenities are fantastic! P.S. There's a great, paved cycling path on the east coast and you can rent bikes in Wailua/Kapaa. And, a kayak trip up the Wailua river to the falls is a must!

Room Tip: Look at pics on the travel websites to choose the right unit. We liked #323 (1 bdrm, we foldout sofa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank The D

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked this unit directly with the owner on VRBO and it was a smooth process all the way. The Lae Nani complex is beautifully maintained and has a real Hawaiian ambiance - loved the tiki torches in the evening. This unit had a nice view of the bay and gardens from the second floor, and was well laid out with all the comforts you need. We travelled with friends who were in other units that had been really modernized, but we have no complaints about #327 and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelot03
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were extremely disappointed with the terrible state of disrepair that unit is in. We were given a dilapidated place I would never consider renting on my own. Frankly, it felt like we were being taken advantage of by a slumlord. The location of that unit is also very poor as it is tucked into a corner mainly facing another building, which made it also much darker than one would expect for an “ocean view” unit.

I told the front desk at Lae Nani how unhappy we were with that unit and asked if they could give us something else. They said that was all they had available. I then called Pleasant Holidays customer service number at 4:15 p.m. and got a recording, even though their flier states their hours run til 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. I left a message. I also called the after-hours number later that night, but the person I reached said he was just a driver and that I should call in the morning. Sunday morning I called again and finally reached a real person – Brenda – who helped us transfer to another property.

We basically lost a day of our vacation dealing with and trying to rectify this problem, not to mention the stress of being put into such a miserable unit and not knowing whether we’d be stuck there for the rest of our vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TravelWriterExm
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here in early February and found it a perfect location for our family. This was our 4th trip to Kauai and we are pretty familiar with the island. The best part of this resort is that its pretty quiet, the beach is good for young children (ours loved boogie boarding here), The monk seals come up on the beach regularly and its peaceful at night. We walked over to the local shopping area every night for ice cream and enjoyed the stars and surf!

Not the fanciest place we have stayed at but it was clean and suited our family with its ground floor entry, nearby BBQ and quiet location. Decor is a bit dated but is island style :)

We rented thru Roy Skinner and VRBO and found him helpful and prompt when we had a question or concern (WiFi code, locked ourselves out etc!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Shelby H
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Absolutely wonderful condo...#124 at Lae Nani rented from owner thru VRBO (#316405) not Outrigger. Second floor unit in two story building so very quiet. Small beach in front of condo but nicer beaches nearby. Recently updated kitchen and master bath. New flat screen and DVD. Kitchen is fully equipped including an espresso maker. All the appliances and flatware that you would need plus some spices. Beach towels, boogie board, DVDS, games books etc also here. Lanai overlooks pool and ocean. Great view. Centrally located in Kapa'a. Walking distance to some shops and restarants. Be sure to try Passion bakery. A short walk for breakfast, lunch or carry out bakery items. Highly recommend this condo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bruce45069
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I visited Kauai end of september and stayed at the Lae Nani. Although it's an Outrigger Resort we choose to rent from the owner's privately after reading Tripadvisor. The Outrigger apparently managers some of the condo's but not all. Going privately online allowed us to rent a specfic condo and the owners couldn't have been nicer. 123 was just as lovely as the pictures portrayed. The resort has beautiful grounds and is perfectly located to explore all of Kauai.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zsazsa38
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Ray White the owner requested a $300 "refundable" security deposit (that he probably never planned to refund me) and full payment 2 months in advance (everywhere else I've been never requested full payment so long in advance ... only a deposit and full payment usually only upon arrival or departure).

I decided to trust Mr. White ... that was the worst mistake of my life.

The condo was very nice and we had a good time but I never saw my full "refundable" security deposit back.

I am 100% sure we did not break or stain anything in the condo. We left everything in a perfect condition. No matter what all he mailed me was a $100 check and a totally unreadable note (leaving me $200 short on my security deposit).

I was able to get a hold of him on the phone after being VERY persistent (because he initially kept hanging up on me). I was only trying to get an explanation for the holding of my $200 (because the note he mailed me was unreadable) but he kept getting mad at me for calling him and refused to gave me any kind of explanation. I believe that if he was in good faith he would have given me an explanation right away, or even better, in advance to warn me that he was keeping a portion of my deposit ... no!?!

After being again very persistent he finally accepted to explain me why he held my $200. He claimed that we scratched his glass kitchen table and stained one of his kitchen chair. Now I knew he was lying because we NEVER ate at this table and always used the table outside the condo on the patio. I asked him if it was possible that the previous visitor did that and to send me a picture of the damages. Obviously he refused saying that it would not add anything to the discussion.

Meanwhile still no trace of my money unfortunately. :-(

I'll let you know if Ray White ever comes back to his senses and refunds me. Meanwhile I'll keep calling him everyday to try to get proofs of what he claims I have damaged.

Watch your back with Ray White!

Room Tip: Not unit #317. Although the unit is very nice the owner will steal your security deposit.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family