“Lae Nani 416, great for our family!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kauai
Lae Nani Resort Condos
Ranked #33 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Kauai
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here in early February and found it a perfect location for our family. This was our 4th trip to Kauai and we are pretty familiar with the island. The best part of this resort is that its pretty quiet, the beach is good for young children (ours loved boogie boarding here), The monk seals come up on the beach regularly and its peaceful at night. We walked over to the local shopping area every night for ice cream and enjoyed the stars and surf!

Not the fanciest place we have stayed at but it was clean and suited our family with its ground floor entry, nearby BBQ and quiet location. Decor is a bit dated but is island style :)

We rented thru Roy Skinner and VRBO and found him helpful and prompt when we had a question or concern (WiFi code, locked ourselves out etc!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Shelby H

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Absolutely wonderful condo...#124 at Lae Nani rented from owner thru VRBO (#316405) not Outrigger. Second floor unit in two story building so very quiet. Small beach in front of condo but nicer beaches nearby. Recently updated kitchen and master bath. New flat screen and DVD. Kitchen is fully equipped including an espresso maker. All the appliances and flatware that you would need plus some spices. Beach towels, boogie board, DVDS, games books etc also here. Lanai overlooks pool and ocean. Great view. Centrally located in Kapa'a. Walking distance to some shops and restarants. Be sure to try Passion bakery. A short walk for breakfast, lunch or carry out bakery items. Highly recommend this condo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bruce45069
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I visited Kauai end of september and stayed at the Lae Nani. Although it's an Outrigger Resort we choose to rent from the owner's privately after reading Tripadvisor. The Outrigger apparently managers some of the condo's but not all. Going privately online allowed us to rent a specfic condo and the owners couldn't have been nicer. 123 was just as lovely as the pictures portrayed. The resort has beautiful grounds and is perfectly located to explore all of Kauai.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zsazsa38
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Ray White the owner requested a $300 "refundable" security deposit (that he probably never planned to refund me) and full payment 2 months in advance (everywhere else I've been never requested full payment so long in advance ... only a deposit and full payment usually only upon arrival or departure).

I decided to trust Mr. White ... that was the worst mistake of my life.

The condo was very nice and we had a good time but I never saw my full "refundable" security deposit back.

I am 100% sure we did not break or stain anything in the condo. We left everything in a perfect condition. No matter what all he mailed me was a $100 check and a totally unreadable note (leaving me $200 short on my security deposit).

I was able to get a hold of him on the phone after being VERY persistent (because he initially kept hanging up on me). I was only trying to get an explanation for the holding of my $200 (because the note he mailed me was unreadable) but he kept getting mad at me for calling him and refused to gave me any kind of explanation. I believe that if he was in good faith he would have given me an explanation right away, or even better, in advance to warn me that he was keeping a portion of my deposit ... no!?!

After being again very persistent he finally accepted to explain me why he held my $200. He claimed that we scratched his glass kitchen table and stained one of his kitchen chair. Now I knew he was lying because we NEVER ate at this table and always used the table outside the condo on the patio. I asked him if it was possible that the previous visitor did that and to send me a picture of the damages. Obviously he refused saying that it would not add anything to the discussion.

Meanwhile still no trace of my money unfortunately. :-(

I'll let you know if Ray White ever comes back to his senses and refunds me. Meanwhile I'll keep calling him everyday to try to get proofs of what he claims I have damaged.

Watch your back with Ray White!

Room Tip: Not unit #317. Although the unit is very nice the owner will steal your security deposit.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Simon L
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just got back from a 6 day stay at Lae Nani. This was our first visit to this island and to this property. The particular unit (#314) was pretty shabby and in need of some upgrades. The unit was nice and roomy (1 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, full kitchen, sleeper sofa) and had a sideways view of the beach. Kapa'a is a great location since it's halfway between the northern & southern parts of the island and there's a cute lil town center in Kapa'a. The beach property was good for kids (I believe the locals refer to it as 'baby beach') although it was just my BF and I, we still enjoyed it.

FYI - They don't provide beach towels. We had been using the threadbare, bath-size towels for 3 days at the beach when i couldn't take it any longer. I went to the office and asked for fresh 'beach towels' and was told "well, they're cleaning your room today" (i.e. we'd get fresh ones once the maid showed up). I told the clerk that housekeeping hadn't been by yet and we really needed fresh towels. She acted like it was a huge imposition but called housekeeping and they brought 2 clean towels by. I'd recommend bringing your own or maybe popping into one of the thrift shops in Kapa'a for beach towels.

Room Tip: Bldg 5 is definitely the best for views. It's considered 'ocean front' so I'm assum...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AHeart2Travel
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great accommodations and conveniently located for our high school golf team who played at the nearby Wailua GC. Very friendly and helpful staff made our stay very productive at the golf course. Full kitchen was a tremendous help for our students to keep within their budget for food.

Room Tip: Lanais facing ocean helps capture ocean breeze, since no air conditioning available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kilakilahawaii
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a nice holiday at Lae Nani. It was our first time in Kauai and we had a relaxing time. Not any fault of the condo but the weather turned bad. We even had a disturbing call in the middle of the night warning us of the possible flood and to check for the evacuation map! Yikes that put a damper on our trip.
Regarding the condo, we rented it from
a private owner via a cottage rental company in Oregon through vrbo.com We had no issues with the company. They were straight forward & professional. The price was reasonable since we rented for 14 days. The unit was on the main floor right behind the pool. Great location for us. We were so close to the BBQ's. This BBQ area was a meeting place for my hubby and the other people BBQing. He really enjoyed cooking supper at Lae Nani. We got to see the Monk Seals several times right in Lae Nani's beach! They close off the beach for them! It is quite interesting since the volunteer Monk Seal people come out ASAP, thanks to the manager contacting these volunteers. I love the proximity to the Coconut Market. A must see is the local Hula dancers on Wed night at 7:00ish, I believe. The people in Kauai are so friendly and relaxed! The security guard at Lae Nani was the nicest guy and very friendly! All in all a nice holiday at the nicest condo on the East shore! Gorgeous view from any condo! I would book through vrbo though, as I heard many people said the rental company at Lae Nani didn't have as nice of condos. Just go and see Kauai and if you want a central location, Lae Nani is perfect!

• Stayed: February 2012