Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Whale watch

Captain Chris is such a nice guy -this is the third time that we are whale watching with him and he... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Lisaiwata
Honolulu, Hawaii
via mobile
Bucket List Worthy

Chris and Brad were top notch guides, combining a comfortable, laid back approach with impeccable... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2019
Bonnober

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from $58.59
from $129.73
from $167.57
from $149.46
More Info
All reviews captain chris sea caves spinner dolphins raft company pictures videos rough ride water soda nice camera professional photographer rafting trip rubber raft sea life these guys white water rafting whale watch amazing pictures fun tour
Reviewed May 4, 2016

We had a beautiful excursion of the Na Pali coast and I can highly recommend this company if you are looking for adventurous way to see the Na Pali Coast. The ride on the zodiac is an E-ticket ride and the view is magnificent. Phil was our photographer and deck hand and he was personal and very knowledgeable.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 8, 2016

We booked our tour for Wednesday, but it bot pushed back to Thursday due to weather and swells. Our tour was with intentioned to view the Na Pali Coast and caves within, however the swells were still rough when we showed up on Thursday and the tour turned into a whale watching trip. The crew made lemonade out of lemons but a catamaran trip would have been able to handle the swells. Make sure you choose the boat that best fits your agenda.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2016

What an adventure! For March it was calm (er) seas than normal. As such all of the bouncing excitement we hoped for was pretty tame. HOWEVER - it was so gorgeous and we caught the "tail" of whale season. :) Because the seas were calmer, especially on Na Pali coast, we were able to motor into the caves and ride close to the shoreline for some amazing photos. The best was the whales. Unanimously we gave up the snorkeling for hanging with the whales. First encounter was a mom/calf. Maybe 5 min and they took off. Second encounter was a group of ~10+ males following a female in their odd and wonderful mating ritual. They could care less about is and actually as we sat in the middle of the ocean they were all around us.

Crazy. It was safe - no one fell off or were hurt (I'm reading other reviews). I would NOT advise this if you have back problems ... as they say in the website and the waiver you sign. They will provide all snorkel equipment as well as water and snacks. Bring sunscreen but skip the hats - they'll blow off.

Watching the whales was phenomenal - the fact the crew were just as excited and educated us all in misc whale facts made it very special.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed February 22, 2016

Here is my concern, this raft tour was cancelled due to high swell, then rescheduled for the following morning. We should have never gone out. To say that it was a rough ride is an understatement. You stick your feet under a rope, and your hands under a rope on the side. Both my right hand, and my left foot were bleeding at the end of the trip. We bounced around so much that my neck and back were hurting for days. The worst part is when we were heading back, an older lady on the trip (she should have never been on there) was sitting on the floor crying. The captain gave her a disgusted look, told her to sit in back and then went full throttle ahead. My husband and I are adventurous, and like roller coasters, and fast boats, but this was a bad call to go out when it was so choppy. There was no apology or explanation, and I asked my husband if he had to sign any waivers about age or fitness and he said no. Big mistake, I guarantee that somebody will get seriously injured. I gave the tour two stars because we got to see some whales, and some beautiful coastline. If the water had been calmer, and the Captain more concerned this could have been a good trip.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank BonstrosityC
Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

This raft boat tour is really fun. You don't get sea sick like the catamaran or bigger boats, because you're racing across the top of the water. The schools of dolphins, coastal views, and whale watching was spot on. Just a tip, bring an under water camera and sit to the left of the driver so that you're looking towards the coast as you head north.

Date of experience: February 2016