Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Whale watch

Captain Chris is such a nice guy -this is the third time that we are whale watching with him and he... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Lisaiwata
Honolulu, Hawaii
via mobile
Bucket List Worthy

Chris and Brad were top notch guides, combining a comfortable, laid back approach with impeccable... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2019
Bonnober

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from $58.59
from $129.73
from $167.57
from $149.46
More Info
All reviews captain chris sea caves spinner dolphins raft company pictures videos rough ride water soda nice camera professional photographer rafting trip rubber raft sea life these guys white water rafting whale watch amazing pictures fun tour
Reviewed January 23, 2016

This was the highlight of our vacation! The ride in the zodiac raft was exhilarating and the scenery was breathtaking. Under the captain's guidance, we were able to get close to the Na Pali coastline and coast along with dolphins and whales. I loved being in the zodiac raft because it made everything so up close and personal. Dolphins were swimming all around us jumping and spinning and it seemed like I could reach out and touch them. The agility of the raft let the captain get close to the coastline even though it was winter and we were unable to go into the caves. After reading some previous reviews, we had some apprehensions but we're incredibly happy that we went ahead and booked anyway. I would not have wanted to miss this experience! We listened carefully to the directions given by the crew and followed them. Although we brought our camera, we opted to purchase a dvd of pictures taken during our trip. We wanted to enjoy every moment without the hassle of worrying about a camera. I would recommend aqua socks as you slip your feet under a rope to help secure your position and shoes are not allowed unless you have a medical condition. If you want an adventuresome, exciting experience, I would highly recommend this trip.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed January 12, 2016 via mobile

We booked this tour before reading any reviews, and were worried (since we were taking a 6 and 7 year old with us) when we read the reviews, the night before we went. We needn't have been concerned. We had a great day, in fact, better than any whale watching we have ever done on any continent.

Let me address the issues that I have read about elsewhere.

Firstly safety. There was a briefing and I was assured there were life vests, although I did not see them, but I never felt myself or my children were unsafe. Having said that, I would recommend if you are travelling with kids under 10 that you ensure there is sufficient space for them to have a middle position.

Second. Some review suggested that not all that was promised was delivered. In terms of whales and other sealife, it is a lottery, we won. We saw heaps of whales, including a mother and her one week old baby breaching only 10 foot from the boat. Magnificent. But we were lucky. I personally don't think you can blame the company for this.

The boat is bumpy. Yes, but I didn't think any moreso than any other small raft-like craft that I've been on in surf conditions. My kids loved it.

We didn't do caves or snorkelling. No, neither did we, but they explained about the danger of swimming where there are murky waters (predators) and you didn't need a degree in rocket science to know that the caves would be dangerous to enter in the conditions we saw today. The bottom line is in Winter you get whales, in summer you get caves and snorkelling. Perhaps they could make this clearer pre-booking, but this is simply a fact of life.

The captain and crew are disinterested. Nothing could be further from the truth in our experience. They were great knowledgable and helpful.

Finally, the boat leaves little opportunity for photographs of passengers in favour of trying to sell a $50 DVD. I have some sympathy for this position, as it usually pisses me off too. However, when I saw the quality of the photographs, I pretty quickly changed my mind and happily parted with my $50. I am hoping to make some great prints for my home from these spectacular photos.

I would recommend this tour wholeheartedly, as long as you are in good health and don't suffer from sea sickness. It was a real highlight of our holiday. Thanks to Chris and the team.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank annielour
Reviewed January 6, 2016

This tour is not for the faint of heart. Its over rough seas in a zodiac raft, so you know what you're in for before you book. Once you get used to the raft, its 4 hours of awe inspiring scenery.

The zodiac lets you get up close and personal with the spectacular coastline and caves where the catamarans cannot go. And whales and dolphins will come close to or under the raft itself! Amazing photo ops. One teenager on our tour had a GoPro so captain Chris was advising him where to put it in the water to get the best video of the dolphins. We went into a couple of the caves, viewed small waterfalls in the cave and amazing beams of light in the afternoon sun.

Since it was Winter, the ocean was too rough to go snorkelling, so we missed out that. It's definitely not a cruise and you need to hold on the entire time the raft in moving. It was a great afternoon!

1  Thank SarahinMelbourne
Reviewed January 6, 2016

We really enjoyed our Na Pali zodiac boat tour....the crew was great. The captain's been doing this for sixteen years but you would never know it with his enthusiasm for the sights, history, sea life, etc. It was like it was his first time doing the tour! They also take pictures and some video clips so you can buy a disc with all the shots so you can just sit and look and don't have to worry about photos. One thing we should have realized is that you probably don't get to snorkel if you do this any time in the "winter"....that created one logistical problem....no bathroom.

Date of experience: December 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed December 23, 2015 via mobile

We ( my husband , 2 kids 13,9 and I)
took the trip earlier today.
It was amazing!!! We saw Dolphins , Whales and amazing views.
The crew was extremely kind !!!
Great activity for the whole family. Thank you for a wonderful day.