“Fantastic & worth it!”
Review of Na Pali Riders

Na Pali Riders
Ranked #6 of 114 Shopping in Kauai
More attraction details
Owner description: Na Pali Riders is in Kauai. We specialize in Zodiac raft adventures along Kauai's infamous Na Pali Coast. Tours include dolphins, whales, snorkeling, entering mystic sea caves, and an unforgettable journey not to be missed.
Fair Oaks, California
“Fantastic & worth it!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This September 2012 while on the island of Kauai we decided to take this excursion tour. I want to say first off ... this was absolutely fantastic and I would do it again. I have never been on a tour like this and I was somewhat apprehensive and somewhat worried about getting sea sick. Well, I took a "Dramamine" type pill before and did not have anything really to eat except for some pancakes and 1 cup of coffee. (I was advised not to eat a lot but to eat something).

This tour started early in the am and once I got on the boat and we started, I understood why we left early and I forgot about my nerves. Capt. Chris put me at the back of the Zodiac and we started ... I knew this was going to be exciting and I held on! What a beautiful way to see the Na'pali Coast.

Capt. Chris was a great guide and pointed out many sites along the way. He stopped several times for us to take in the sites of the coast and to see the hundreds of dolphins over and over all along the way. We also were able to see "Flying Fish", which I had never seen before and there were plenty.

Some parts along the way the water became very rough and many times we were drenched and drenched, and then drenched again. Next time I am going to wear a shirt which would not hold the sea water such as the cotton t-shirt I was wearing. The waves we were hitting were quite large but Chris was very adapt into controlling the boat, as well as knowing where to steer. And because the waves were pretty intense in some parts we were not able to snorkel or go into the caves. It did not really matter and all of us on the boat understood ... not one single person complained. Everyone had a great time. Thanks, Napali Riders ... see you next time.

Duncan, Oklahoma
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Riders is right!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

You tour the coast in a rubber sea raft, not for the weak. But for the rest of us the only way to go. Jumping waves is fun. They have a professional camera man on board to take pictures so you can just enjoy the trip. They sell the trip CD of pictures for $40 and worth every penny, almost 300 pictures + videos. Of course, take your own pictures if you want. You hunt wildlife and view the entire Na Pali coast. You enter the sea caves depending on the water conditions. Just the perfect boat trip for the coast. Thanks guys

Valyermo, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“DO THIS!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We booked this trip, and I was a liitle nervous about being on a choppy ocean in a small boat. That feeling didn't last long. Captain Chris and first mate Wayne definitely put safety first. I felt completely at ease for the whole trip and had an excellent time! Chris and Wayne are both very knowledgable about the area and are very funny. We were lucky and had rather calm water, so we were able to go into the sea caves and snorkel. Everything was beautiful, though that word doesn't fully describe the majesty of the Na Pali Coast. The ride is bumpy, but the boat is stable and fast. We saw tons of dolphins and several turtles. I would book this trip again if I come back to Kauai, and I would recommend this experience to anyone who has at least a small sense of adventure.

san francisco
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Short tour, but fun all in all. boat is great!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

They waited for a late group by about 20 min. Which means we waited. Very nice for the late people, not for us. Was supposed to be a 4.5 hour tour. We checked in at 630, got out by 7 maybe, and were back by 1030. Hmmmm.

I liked the boat -- really fun. That was my favorite part. Bouncing around, hitting waves. Kids may have a hard time. He stopped when he saw dolphins. Crew was nice, funny, and sarcastic (in a good way). Driver was a little ... bored. "ok, here's this... and now here's this". But I was barely listening anyways. We got to go in the caves, yey!

Will charge 110 with cash... so its cheaper than most :)

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“at least we got a good story...”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

so we are young, not wimps, both raised on the water and not afraid to get bounced around a bit... and this was HORRIBLE!

the pros: we went on an early AM ride, the coast is of course beautiful. unfortunately we only saw a few dolphins, saw some very cool sea caves though that we went into.

the cons: we were seated at the bow of the boat, i've never been bounced around so much, we were both so sore for the next few days, there were multiple times that i thought to myself "this is so beautiful, but i'm in too much pain to enjoy it!" i'm sure if you're in the back it's not so bad...

one of the families on the tour was late, and the captain did not let them forget it for the entire trip, he was incredibly rude, made everyone else feel uncomfortable, even when a member of that family was seasick and vomiting off the side of the boat....

the snorkeling was at a horrible spot, no fish, a bunch of sea slugs, basically a barren area with a few boulders, it was rushed, cold, basically they throw a bunch of mismatched fins/snorkels/masks out and tell you to jump in.

there was no time to look at the sights.... very hit and run

the icing on the cake was the "refreshments"... i'm not high maintenance... but hurdling along, holding on for dear life, is NOT the time that I want to be passed a dirty Tupperware with some apple and orange slices, then be passed a trash bag that contains snack size bags of cheetos and chips... how am i supposed to eat that??? then they had a few waters and a few mountain dews... it was laughable at this point, and at least gave us a good story to end our honeymoon with!

of course at the end is the sales pitch to sell you photos...

Visited July 2012