Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from $1,800.00
from $129.73
from $180.10
from $167.57
1,597 results
All reviews ke'e beach hiking shoes flip flops crawler's ledge mile hike amazing hike bring plenty of water mile mark half mile slippery rocks stream crossings miles round trip hanakapi ai walking stick napali coast kee beach challenging hike
Reviewed May 3, 2012

By far the most challenging hike I've ever been on. I brought my old athletic shoes. Glad I did. The trail wasn't even that muddy and the shoes we covered with red dirt. You hike over slippery rocks and slippery trails. The return trip things were a bit drier so not so dangerous. I kind of worried about the people I saw carrying babies in back packs. The terrain is beautiful, the views gorgeous. The creek we had to pass wasn't high and the cool water provided a nice treat to our sore feet. We started our hike about 9:30 and got to the beach about 11:15. We stopped for pictures and to catch our breath's along the way. The feral kitties on the beach were so cute. We took advice and did not go in beach at the 2 mile mark, as it is known to be quite dangerous. We saw some young kids in the water, I guess their parents hadn't read about the danger of the surf there. I was worried about them. We did not hike to the falls. Even getting there at 9:15 we had to park up the road in another lot. Don't park where the "no parking" signs are they do give tickets. If you can do the hike don't miss this!

Date of experience: April 2012
3  Thank batmik
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We hiked the first 2 miles of this trail to the Hanakapiai Stream & Beach. Medium difficulty hike but fabulous views of the Na Pali coastline around every corner. We crossed the stream and had lunch on the rocks at the beach before hiking back. It took about 3.5 hours total and was well worth it. Bring a camera, water, and food or snacks. If you can't do the 2 miles at least go 1/2 mile in to the Ke'e Beach overlook. Then go about 100 yards further and you will have a great view of the Na Pali.

Date of experience: February 2012
9  Thank TomSchlagel
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Incredible views of the Na' Pali coast. We only went in 1.5 miles but it was far enough to get some great photos. Next time, I'd like to go 2 miles and then head inland to the waterfall another 2 miles.

Date of experience: February 2012
6  Thank bngladbach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have hiked this trail many times, and I love every inch of it. It does get narrow in parts, and if you're afraid of heights, this section can be scary. I have never felt unsafe hiking this trail. It's a long hike and usually people don't hike it both ways, so pack it light and bring lots of water. There are water stations, but I wouldn't trust it. Most people hike the eleven miles one way and then camp out. I also recommend finding a house to rent on the island. There are a ton of great deals for renting and it is much more fun than a hotel. Take a look at Kauai Vacation Rentals on their FB page.

Date of experience: June 2011
3  Thank Frank G
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Not for the lighthearted. Need to wear your hiking/water shoes for you cross rivers/streams & walk on boulders/rocks. It gets hot esp going up the switchback areas. SO beautiful! IF you're a hiker, you can't miss this. It was the highlight of our trip. We did the 1st 2 miles, then 2 miles up to the falls & back, so a total of 8 miles & I'm 53. I couldn't walk for 2 days after....it was still a great experience & I'm proud that I still have what it takes!

Date of experience: April 2012