“couples massage”
Review of Mauna Lani Spa

Mauna Lani Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mauna Lani Spa consists of 17 indoor and outdoor treatment areas, a lava rock sauna and an Aquatic Body Therapy facility. Services include traditional Hawaiian massages, facials and spa baths.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I had a couples massage here

It was well done and the spa had very nice facilities. Enjoyed the outdoor showers

Relaxing experience but it is on the expensive side

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"session"
"aloha"

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a lovely spa and we did the healing bath but at the end of our bath, the shower had a huge bug that fell from the ceiling and the shower had a slow drain! Kind of killed it for me but overall the spa facility and their staff were very nice. We used the steam and sauna also before the treatment and they got us in right away! I would return, just beware, the island does have large bugs.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

My girlfriend treated me and another girlfriend to a spa day. My girlfriend was smart to call ahead and order our services to ensure they would have the staff on hand. Since we live about 2 hours from the Mauna Lani, we opted to make it a full day....not the best decision. We arrived early in the morning and checked into the spa. The reception was very nice and had a relaxing 'feel'.

We were escorted into the locker area. The attendants couldn't have been nicer and went out of their way for us. Since our treatments were not until afternoon, we went for a morning snorkel. The spa kindly called the resort van to shuttle us to the resort beach. As the driver dropped us off, he asked if we were staying at the resort....no, just using the spa. He advised us (and in not too friendly a way) the shuttle was only for resort guests. After our snorkel, we had lunch at one of the resort's beach front cafes. We got a little loose on the time and realized we better head back to the spa. We asked directions and started back on foot. It wasn't too long and we were completely lost. Using the courtesy phone at the golf course, we called the shuttle. When the driver arrived, it was the same guy as before. He gave us a good dose of stink eye. (1 star off for treating resort customers badly.)

By the time we got back to the spa, we were a little late for our appointments. It would have been nice to have time for a shower but that wasn't to be (our fault not theirs). We were given pareo type wraps to wear. Not bad within the confines of the spa, but a little skimpy outside. I had the body scrub/massage and a facial. The body scrub/massage was excellent and the facial was exceptional. The man that did the body scrub/massage took me outside afterward to see the cave/pool where they do the water massages (Watsu). I felt more than a little under-dressed as we walked about outside in the wind. I had the opportunity to see the massage hales. The concept was nice but it would have been better (given the prices) if they'd spaced them out and landscaped to offer more privacy.

I would have given 4 stars except for the rude treatment by the resort shuttle driver. My girlfriend dropped about $1400 that day in the spa (not counting our food before and after). Was the shuttle so busy they couldn't take us to another location on their property?? Really?? Next time I think it would be better to spend our whole day in the spa vicinity rather than trying to squeeze in too many other activities.

1  Thank Nancy Z
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Their phamplet advertises that this spa is #1 in Hawaii and #3 in North America.... I have been to several spas and this one does not deserve the ranking they brag about.
The hostess who greeted us and took us into the lounge/ change area was not organized and did not explain the process well. The womens change area is across from the desk and there is no privacy to change/ not everyone wants to undress infront of stangers.
Our treatments were a massage and a facial. The massage was done outdoors which was nice except for the sound of tennis balls being hit on the tennis courts close by and the sound of traffic! I would suggest giving the client a choice of listening to tranquility music played at a very low level to add to the relaxation. I have experienced massages where I have actually fallen asleep during the relaxing experience....this was not the case.
The facial was enjoyable but not the one I had booked.
They also advertise a lap pool and whirlpool as part of the spa....this is not in the same location. You have to change and go next door to the fitness centre?!
The out door showers were nice, but not a big area. The dry sauna was not hot and the steam room was musty smelling.
Tea was available if you like luke warm water and I tried to enjoy a piece of fruit but the banana I selected was half bruised.
Is this the best spa in Hawaii? I dont think so! Prices were also a bit high for the service that was offered.
They mention a fragrant garden to enjoy but no one showed us where this was.

2  Thank DianeCanada609