“A beach you will never forget”

Pololu Valley Lookout
Book In Advance
More Info
$275.00*
and up
Big Island Kohala Zip and Dip Tour from Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of many scenic valleys on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited Pololu Valley a while ago and have never forgotten about it! I would love to go back again soon. The view from the top is incredible but the best part is once you get to the beach at the bottom. Not only are the views beautiful, but the experience is other-worldly. It is serene and peaceful, like the grass personally invited me to sit and relax for a while. As funny as it may sound, it was like nothing I've ever experienced before! I visited on a Wednesday which was great because it wasn't busy. I would avoid the weekends to get the full effect.

1  Thank TrvlngMexscotalian

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Wish I brought my hiking boots to hike down the trail to the beach. The views from the lookout point are simply amazing. So glad the lady at the North Kohala Welcome Center told me about this place.

The drive reminded us of the Road to Hana...a little windy, some one-laned bridges and some beautiful sites.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank Yukonpuppy
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped here on our way from Kona to Hilo through the northern route. This is somewhat located in the northwest of the island. The views were amazing. We couldn't hike down because of time and health restrictions. But if I get a chance to go back, I want to do the hike down to the beach.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was such a great experience. We drove up from Kona and the road basically comes to a dead end so you know you've arrived. Definitely take the hike.. it was well worth it. It is rocky so make sure you have steady shoes... and know that the hike back up can be tiring! Make sure to bring water. We did not have water with us, so we only went 3/4 of the way down. We still had magnificent views and great areas for pictures. A definite Wow!

1  Thank Corinna D
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The view is not something to be missed. The drive to Pololu Valley is wonderful from Kona and it is worth it. The views are breath taking and really makes you feel like yes you are in Hawaii. Nice hike as well, we didn't go down to the black sand beach but you can hike down there. The locals say to be careful about swimming at the beach as the currents are tough there. However, the views and the hike is great. As you drive here the road does dead end so you know you are at the right place, not a lot of parking but enough. There are great little towns as you drive there to stop grab lunch or do a little shopping.