“NOT BAD!!!”

Sleep Inn at Six Flags
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Reviewed July 5, 2008

My family and friends went to Six Flags and we stayed here for one night. When we got everything situated. There was a problem with my sister's room, it was dirty but they gave her another room, my mom's key didn't open her room but we got the lady at the front desk to help. There was a lady at the front desk who helped me with the soda machine it took my money, she was kind to refund my money. My mom, my brothers, my youngest aunt and I loved the indoor heated pool. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone else yes I would. The staff was nice especially the guy who gave us towels while we where in the pool.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2008

After staying the night at a discusting hotel located right next door to this Sleep Inn, we were delighted by the wonderful service of Tamika, who was so helpful and understanding of our previous nights stay! We would gladly stay at this hotel again in the future! The pool could be cleaner, but the breakfast was very nice!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Wish I had seen these reviews before I booked the room. We got lucky though. Once we got off the exit we missed the turn for this hotel and flagged down a local police officer for directions. His response, "You're not staying there are you? Your best bet is to drive to the next exit. There are armed robberies and vehicles are broken into at and near this hotel."

We ended up staying the week at the Baymont Inn and Suites. Free shuttle to Six Flags, free breakfast, nice room.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2006

We stayed at the Sleep Inn so we could walk to Six Flags. The hotel facility itself shows a lot of wear and tear, especially the bathrooms. While it is close to Six Flags, the area is not very safe. If you walk to the park, please stay in groups.

The main problem is the management. While we were there one of the teens in our group became ill and stayed at the hotel while the rest of the group went to the park. One adult was left to watch over her. He condition became worse and it was decided to call 911 for help. She was very dehydrated, The phones in the room did not work! The adult went to the front desk and the counter person would not allow her to call 911! The adult went back and got the teen and went to the lobby to try and find someone local who could help them. After begging the employee for several minutes, he finally gave in and allowed them to call an ambulance. There is no excuse for these actons by the staff at the hotel. The young lady spent the night in the hospital. This hotel is run by foreigners and I do not think the employee had any idea how serious the situation was. I tried to speak with him, but he had very little understanding of english. Maybe its just me, but the guest relations staff should be able to carry on a coversation!

The Wingate Inn down the road looked new and would be a much better choice as long as you stay in groups when you walk to the park.

• Stayed: June 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 30, 2006

My family and I just returned yesterday from Six Flags and the only good thing about the hotel is its convient to Six Flags but the one man was the rudest that Ive seen in a hotel chain Do yourself a favor Go to a bettehotel and pay the parking fee at Six Flags youll sleep better This was by far one of the worse hotels that Ive stayed in and definitly not worth the money

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank Beth803
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I recently won a set of Six Flags tickets from a local radio station. Thought it would be a good idea to stay close to park. My partner and I stayed st Sleep Inn at Six Flags and what a MAJOR MISTAKE!!! The room was ok but when I got home, I discovered why I could not sleep well at all. I HAD GOTTEN BODY LICE!!!! Yes, that is correct.....BODY LICE!! I did not have any contact prior to staying here. I paid almost $90.00 to get it!! Grrr........I was awaken during the night and was unable to go back to sleep and started to itch almost immediately. I was advised by my medical Dr. as to what was wrong. The Dr. also agreed that I must have contacted it at the motel. I have made calls to the manager but as of yet, had no reply. I intend to notify the corporate office and the better business bureau. I want a full refund as well as reimbursement for my medical expenses that are due to this NASTY PLACE!!! Unless you are willing to take a risk....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank jwoodby
Reviewed February 15, 2004

Save yourself some grief and don't stay here. It's not clean. The hotel is wood framed construction and all the floors creak and crack when someone walks down the hall or in their rooms. Needs maintenance. Do yourself a favor and stay at the new Wingate Inn next door or drive 1 1/2 miles west and stay at Springhill Suites for the same money and a lot nicer property.

17  Thank coastermeister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
#5 of 9 in Austell
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
#121 of 173 in Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta -Six Flags
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Mableton/Atlanta

Been to Sleep Inn at Six Flags? Share your experiences!